Ambilight with Rpi 1 and normal LED stripes

• Hi,

i want to create a ambilight alternative, but not using an andressable LED strip but a normal one. I dont need 100 seperate LED-Colors, 4 channels would be enough for me (left right up down).
    There are several projects on the market to do this, but only for USB/Windows. I want to use it for HDMI sources, using the usual converter/grabber-combination.

Is there a project like this available? I cant find one.

• You could do this with Hyperion and some suitable hardware.

The Pi blaster led driver will work with a raspberry Pi and 12 channel mosfet driver. I have a test board I built when I was fixing the piblaster support that has 4xRGB leds.

Are you sure you want to go down this path ? The wiring much more complex and unless you already own the non-addressable strips probably not much cheaper when you factor in the extra hardware needed

• I can't find any example configurations - I guess non addressable strips aren't that popular !

Hyperion supports all sorts of led types and protocols for driving them. I was looking through the source code and saw the support for the atmo led type.

You should be able to follow one of the other tutorials to get Hyperion installed.

use the "atmo" led device type, the USB serial port name as seen by linux and maybe a baud rate of 38400 ?

Atmo expects 5 "leds" to be configured - you can choose what percentages of the screen get sent to each

• Okay, some hours later.
    I installed Hyperion and my windows pc can communicate with the rpi using hypercon.

But - darkness reigns. No lights.

Today i dont have the grabber/converter, i get it tomorow i hope. I thought i could experiment with the atmolight anyway?

My setup atm:
    Rpi USB => Atmolight

Baud: tested 100.000 and some other - no effect
    LED horizontal and l / r: 1 in every zone
    Grabber: internal grabber

i get the following error in SSH log:

ssh out: ERROR: ld.so: object 'bMマ}￷`゙ᆳj,bᅡ ̄?r￷(トC￀D+vラ}ᅡ￁' from /etc/ld.so.preload cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!