AtmoOrb (ESP8266) Not working

• Hello all,

I'v made an AtmoOrb wit just an ESP8266. But I have problems to get it to work...
    It did work for some reason, but after shut down it didn't any more.

It is working with the Windows AtmoOrb App; it responds quickly. So the hardware is ok.

My setup is like this:

RBPi3 with WS2801 (x50) connected to the GPIO (is working correctly) OSMC 2016.09/Hyperion installed last week
    ESP8266 with AtmoOrb sketch and NeoPixelring with 12 LEDs

Iv'e tried this config:

In de main config (of the WS2801) I'v added:

Code
    // JSON/PROTO FORWARD CONFIG
        "forwarder" :
        {
            "json" : ["127.0.0.1:19446"],
            "proto" : ["127.0.0.1:19447"]
        },

If I run service hyperion status, I get this output. Seems to be right...

I've red here about port bindings, but that should have solved since the June version of Hyperion....

I hope you can help me out.

• No, it won't now, but the funny thing is, that it have worked for 1 time. And out of the blue it didn't work anymore.

I've tried the AtmoOrb color App, and this works instantly. So, the hardware is ok.
    I think the raspberry or OSMC is blocking the port or is not generating packages.

I have tried also without forwarding in the main config. But no result...

• I have tried to remove my master config and just run the AtmoOrb config. No change of lights with hyperion. Not with the remote either.
    Log looks good, no errors.

• Offizieller Beitrag

And the total led count in Arduino / ESP sketch is 12 as well right?

Because in the first post I noticed 12 however in the above its 24 and for it to work it has to be an identical led count on both sides, also notice useOrbSmoothingBox which shouldn't be in config unless HyperCon is incorrectly saving its label as well.
    If all else fails try this config and adjust led count if needed and keep the rest default:

https://hyperion-project.org/w…e-AtmoOrb-Hyperion-config

• Ok, got it working for now. I've tried WIFI instead of LAN. This seems to work. Maybe because of a network switch placed behind the TV for all the equipment. I did not try to direct connect the Raspberry to the Modem/Router. But IF that would work, it's not an option for me, because of all the other networked stuff.

My mainconfig id now forwarding to the atmo config.
    HAPPY ME!

• Ok, I tested it without Wifi, just a LAN cable directly to the modem/router, No luck. I only works with the build-in Wifi adapter from the RBPi3.
    Only problem is that video streaming over Wifi is slow and needs a lot of buffering.

Is there a way to get the signal over LAN so that the modem/router spits the wifi out to the ESP? Maybe the router blocks the UDP port over wifi?
    I'm not really into router configs, so a little help is appreciated.

• Ok, I will mark this as SOLVED :D

The problem was the modem/router from my telecom provider. It wasn't working with the multicast. I did setup my Airport in Router mode behind my provider router and it works as a charm!

Thank you all for your help!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!