autostart for ng version

• Hi im not sure if this is already picket up somewere but i had to manually change the hyperion.service files to it new paths.
    Looks like hyperion had a lot of different install paths in the past.

@/usr/hyperion i believe
    @/usr/share/hyperion
    @/usr/local/share/hyperion and possible a few others in the begin that i cant remember.

And each time i had to update my hyperion.service file after hours of debugging what was wrong in the first place. Im not a dev so good but i understand basis coding. Will the NG version "generate" or create this service on ubuntu systems in the future automaticly or not?

Thank You for this great app and if been here from the beginning. When i get my next salary, i will defintly do a donation.

i hope i dont sound rough cause english is not my native language. Thank You again

sudo gedit /etc/systemd/system/hyperion.service

[Unit]
    Description=Hyperion ambient light systemd service

[Service]
    Type=simple
    User=%i
    Group=%i
    ExecStart=/usr/local/share/hyperion/bin/hyperiond /etc/hyperion/hyperion.config.json
    ExecReload=/bin/kill -HUP $MAINPID
    TimeoutStopSec=2
    Restart=always
    RestartSec=2

[Install]
    WantedBy=multi-user.target

• Id also like to mention that also the folder /usr/local/share/hyperion/effect is non writable by default, which i think should be edited in the install script. Had to work my way around to chmod +x and chown that folder (could be local issue, idk)

and

why not put hyperion.config.json in /etc/hyperion, i just want to try to understand the process of it, is it there so any user profile can access it or for any other reasons?

i just post my random questions in here so i wont spam this forum :)

• can you wait until we make an official release candidat? we haven't start to develop install process and system integration yet.
    Currently we have other todo's and discussing that topic at this time is not productive. We appreciate your tests when it's time.

sure, just wanted to report it sorry

• Offizieller Beitrag

No ETA, no BETA, no support :) devs works on it to much...to many new updates/fixes/new things/remove some things etc... if we reach beta, we can start a thread in forum. it makes no sense to "discuss/ask/get support" for now...

Closed.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!