1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Basic USB grabber setup hyperion.ng 1.00 Béta 4k/1080p ready apa102 on raspi3b

Discussion in 'Hyperion Setup Showcase' started by jeroen warmerdam, 9 January 2021.

1. AmbiMod

AmbiMod Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2, RPi3, 32/64bit, +Arduino, +PhilipsHue, +AtmoOrb, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    Ok i'm asking why you don't used the HyperHDR version of our friend Awawa. My setup is Raspberry Pi 4 + Ezcoo HDMI Splitter ( The big one with optical OUT ) and Videograbber HDMI Rullz Coffee.
    And it's ok on my side.

2. AmbiMod

AmbiMod Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2, RPi3, 32/64bit, +Arduino, +PhilipsHue, +AtmoOrb, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    I don't used parallel connection, i can drive every ledstrip independenty because i used 4 instances and 4 LED protocol.

For SPI i used spidev0.0 and spide1.0. and for the other PWM ledstrip i use ws281x for each one.

But yes, if someone want to put a ledstrip in parallel for the bottom side, it's easiest to do like that.

3. jeroen warmerdam

jeroen warmerdam Raspberry 3B / APA102 / Hyperion.NG relaisbox

Hardware:
    RPi3

:picture: now i see why you did this, you know that you also can invert the ledstrip and stick it under your TV and connect in parallel with same type of ledstrip. ( switch around datadirection) on ws2812b
    one instance needed then, its just a thought :thumbsup:

thats not why i used it like that, i wanted to have the same pattern in horizontal and parallel in my christmass star. The ledstrip was ws2801 on SPI0 on 1 instance

Last edited: 14 February 2021
  4. jeroen warmerdam

Hardware:
    RPi3
    i just explained why, so i hope it is working really well for you :thumbsup:
    maybe i experiment with that later on, first i want to do it with hardware.. see if its possible to filter out HDR

5. AmbiMod

AmbiMod Member

Hardware:
    Just to see if we can do it. I like try new things so why not and I hate do something like others :D

I know that I can do it if one day I want to drive many Ambilight ledstrip on the same PI. Nevermind...

Take a look on my blog, especially on the last tutorial in 4 parts ( already 3 parts are wrote, not 100% finished yet but I’m working on it ) maybe you will see helpfull information ).

And yes I know that I can put ledstrip in parallel but it’s not the point of my test, too easy.

Btw, choose ws2812b is not a good idea, ws2813, sk6812 rgb or even RGBW are much better.

see you my friend :)

Last edited: 14 February 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. jeroen warmerdam

Hardware:
    RPi3
    i keep my APA102's , and i was never really impressed with others showing their ws2812b setups.
    see my video, much better than this its not going to be with every other ledstrip there is.

so my motto is still, when its not broken and working well why trying to fix.
    goodluck with your blog.

• Like Like x 1
  7. AmbiMod

AmbiMod Member

Hardware:
    I saw it, very good setup and Colors calibration ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. jeroen warmerdam

Hardware:
    RPi3
    so here the longwaited inside story of the relaisbox,

• dinrail 6 ports fuseholder
    • 4 channel relaisboard (1)
    • 3 channel relaisboard (2)
    • voltage/ampére meter digital in front
    • Basetech grabber device> build in but green led is front visible
    • HDMI>AV converter
    • raspberry PI black ( runs Hyperion.NG)
    • raspberry PI white ( runs whatever i want, for now its a Retropie)
    • ATX 35Amps 5 volts (12 volts and more) PSU
    • Fan 120mm runs on 5 volts> noisereduction and cooling :D

relaisboard toggle
    channel
    1 Mains power ON ATX PSU
    2 Grabber USB port reset ( if nessecary)
    3 RaspberryPI black power ON
    4 RaspberryPI white power ON
    5 LEDstrip main power +5volts
    6 Cabinet of trofees, lights up on 12volts
    7 TVip module power ON/reset

everything is fused, i can run also separately all kinds off devices connected to the relaisboards :thumbsup:

Attached Files: