Beginner problems -- LED strip failure?

• Dear Hyperion Community,

I am a beginner in the Raspberry Pi / RGB Backlighting world, so please forgive me for any important details I might omit by accident :)

I followed this tutorial (

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    // http://powerpi.de/atemberauben…rry-pi-2-tutorial-teil-1/) to build my own Backlight for my TV. After first setting it up, the system worked as expected for a few months without major hickups. Then it broke down: At startup, the whole set of LEDs light up (e.g. during the rainbow swirl startup sequence) and then I am able to use the Hyperion Software to set the LEDs to a certain color without problems. After a few seconds to minutes however, only the first two LEDs responded to any other incoming signals - the others kept the color they had at the time. When restarting, all LEDs can get manual signals for a few seconds to minutes again before the same thing happens.

Additionally, the LEDs only respond to manual signals I send via HyperCon/SSH to my Pi and not to signals coming from my split HDMI signal (also not only the first two ones).

Since I presumed it was a failure in the LED strip, I replaced the first of the four LED strips. However, now I have the same problem, just in the next LED strip - it works for a few minutes to manually give signals to the LED strips before the signal doesn't change anymore after a certain LED (reproducible, its always the same LED). Also, the signal from the USB Video Grabber still does not change the LED colors, even during the first few minutes when everything seems to work fine.

I attached a screenshot of my Amazon order of hardware I used for the project. I also attached the HyperCon config I am using. If you need any more info, I'll gladly share more!

Cheers,
    Phil

PS: Do i need to use a yellow VGA cinch cable to transmit Video or can I use a red (audio) cinch cable as well? I am 99% sure I've been using a red one from the beginning, just making sure..

Details:
    HyperCon V1.03.3, (22.10.2017)
    Raspbian Jessie
    (Hardware see Image)

HDMI Splitter

• Hi harun, thanks for your answer!

I thought if the software worked half a year ago on the same Raspbian System, it should still work now, right? When I recently re-installed the old version i saw there is a new one - however the whole "install via Github and manually compile" thing really frightened me from actually doing so, as I have no prior experience in all that. However if there is no way around it, I might just try it.

Thanks!

Cheers,
    Phil

• Offizieller Beitrag

@Phil_T33 There is no need that you compile yourself. There are ready-made builds available on Git-Hub.
    Alternatively you could check-out hyperbian which is a comple image for rpi.
    You of course would need to configure your setup after installation.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!