black screenshot external grabber, kodi ok

• Hello,

I am having problems when interacting with an external hdmi source, in kodi, the leds are synchronized perfectly.

I can throw without errors the command to make a screenshot from an external hdmi source:

As you can see the command returns a correct answer, but the result is a totally black screenshot.

The scheme that I followed to assemble the system is as follows:

This is what the lsusb command returns:

The chip of the led stripe is APA102.

My hadrware:

And this is my hyperion config, I have deleted the code of leds and color so that the post is not very long.

{

"device": {
    "colorOrder": "bgr",
    "rate": 500000,
    "type": "apa102",
    "name": "MyPi",
    "output": "/dev/spidev0.0"
    },

"blackborderdetector" :
    {
    "enable" : true,
    "threshold" : 0.14
    },

"effects" :
    {
    "paths" :
    [
    "/storage/hyperion/effects"
    ]
    },

"bootsequence" :
    {
    "effect" : "Rainbow swirl fast",
    "duration_ms" : 3000
    },

"jsonServer" :
    {
    "port" : 19444
    },

"protoServer" :
    {
    "port" : 19445
    },

"grabber-v4l2" :
    {
    "device" : "/dev/video0",
    "input" : 0,
    "standard" : "NTSC",
    "width" : 1,
    "height" : 1,
    "frameDecimation" : 1,
    "sizeDecimation" : 1,
    "priority" : 800,
    "mode" : "2D",
    "cropLeft" : 1,
    "cropRight" : 1,
    "cropTop" : 1,
    "cropBottom" : 1,
    "redSignalThreshold" : 0.4,
    "greenSignalThreshold" : 0.2,
    "blueSignalThreshold" : 0.3
    },

"endOfJson" : "endOfJson"
    }

I hope you can help me.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    Thanks,.

• Hi bought this model from amazon too and i send it back because it didn't work.

Like you i saw Fushicai grabber when i did a lsusb command, black screen when i tried to get a screenshot. I test many Hdmi2av but nothing to do, the grabber was the problem.

We can found a lot of HDMI2av with 1,2 or 3 chip on a similar box. I hope you haven't bought the 1 chip board shit. lol

• The Hdmi2av looks good. I have one 4k@30 very similar but your chip look smallest than my others hdmi2av ( i have 5 different hdmi2av )

If i were you i'll order a new videograbber ( because i have an issue with this one ) and keep the hdmi2av.

• Hello,

The lightberry order has arrived, I bought the grabber recommended by the user @AmbiMod , but the result is exactly the same, I only have a black screenshot, and the LEDs do not respond to the signals sent by the hdmi ... what else can I do? Why does not it work for me?Do I have to configure some other parameter that I do not know?Do I need some different hardware? I am open to any idea.

Thank you very much.

• Hello,

The lightberry order has arrived, I bought the grabber recommended by the user @AmbiMod , but the result is exactly the same, I only have a black screenshot, and the LEDs do not respond to the signals sent by the hdmi ... what else can I do? Why does not it work for me?Do I have to configure some other parameter that I do not know?Do I need some different hardware? I am open to any idea.

Thank you very much.

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that but i ordered many video grabber from lightberry and all works as expected so the problem must be elsewhere.

I note in your configuration that you had used NTSC but if we take a look on this website https://www.son-video.com/guid…tandards-de-la-television we can see that in Spain we need to use PAL like for me in France but you know better than me or anybody else which format to use.

Switch all your configuration to PAL ( HDMI2av and hyperion config file ) and try if you get something.

You also can try to not use your splitter using for exemple Windows duplicate screen function, this is what i do when i waiting for my splitter.

For me the splitter and the videograbber are not the problem. Maybe software with your grabber configuration or Hardware with your HDMI2av.

I hope you'll find a way to resolve your problem.

• Hello,
    not for now, I hope that in the future I can solve it, and I have a lot of test, also what @AmbiMod put in the above post that I forgot to answer (switch between NTSC and PAL) if you find another solution, or try something, I'm sure we can help each other and find a answer for make it work

• I'm facing with connect disconnect problem on grabber when I execute a more specific instruction for the screenshot:

[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]OpenELEC:~/hyperion/bin # /storage/hyperion/bin/hyperion-v4l2.sh --device /dev/video0 --video-standard PAL --input 0 --width -1 --height -1 --crop-left 0 --crop-right 0 --crop-top 0
    --crop-bottom 0
    hyperion-v4l2:
    version : V1.03.4 (brindosch-c750c41/dc6a602-1522918225
    build time: Apr 5 2018 01:57:25
    V4L2GRABBER INFO: width=720 height=576
    V4L2GRABBER INFO: pixel format=YUYV
    V4L2GRABBER INFO: signal threshold set to: {0,0,0}
    PROTOCONNECTION INFO: Connecting to Hyperion: 127.0.0.1:19445
    V4L2GRABBER INFO: started
    V4L2GRABBER INFO: Signal lost
    [/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]

• I had the setup working perfectly fine last night, had to add extra 5v line to a corner and decided to re arrenge the cables a bit now the video grabber is recognized and all comands work fine with it except i get a black image

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!