1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broke Hyperion on new Kodi update

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Boo, 8 January 2017.

1. Boo

Boo New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    Hi All. I had a Hyperion installation on Kodi running on Raspberry Pi which was working beautifully for a year or so. After a Kodi update, it stopped. I have done a bit of diagnosis (ssh into pi/openelec, and run hyperion script) and see the following...

OpenELEC:~/hyperion/bin # ./hyperion-remote.sh --priority 50 --color red --duration 5000

/storage/hyperion/bin/hyperion-remote: error while loading shared libraries: libfontconfig.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

So it looks to me like hyperion requires libfontconfig library, but it is not present in this version of Kodi.
    It seems OpenELEC/Kodi is locked down and doesn't allow installation of libraries - no sudo, no apt-get...
    Could anyone help me out with this issue? Do I need to update Hyperion and if so will this fix the issue?

I tried to find my Hyperion version - I see 'hyperion-v412' in the hyperion directory.

Thanks
    A

2. TPmodding

TPmodding Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2, RPi3, +Arduino
    that is v4L2 video 4 Linux version 2 :)

but just try a update of hyperion

3. Boo

Boo New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    I have followed the installation directions carefully (on the DOWNLOAD link). Specificaly, I have installed/run HyperCon.jar, removed the previous hyperion installation - checked that the /storage/hyperion directory is gone via ssh (it is). Then I did a HyperCon "install/update. That created the /storage/hyperion directory. I copied over the old config file - but in any case the following error happens independent of that... when I try to manually run the hyperion-remote script I get my original problem - that is, can't find the libfontconfig.so library file. I also can't find this anywhere on my OpenELEC/kodi

OpenELEC:~/hyperion/bin # /storage/hyperion/bin/hyperion-remote.sh --priority 50 --color red --duration 5000

/storage/hyperion/bin/hyperion-remote: error while loading shared libraries: libfontconfig.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I really need help on this - I think I am doing the installation correctly, according to the instructions here.
    But I seem to not have a library file that is needed/expected. I don't know how to fix this.

4. Boo

Boo New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    An update on this - I decided to do a fresh/clean install of KODI and Hyperion and everything is now working OK.
    I guess I had a corrupt Kodi installation - possibly through the use of an unstable development build at some stage...?
    Anyway, just thought I'd report everything A-OK now.

• Like Like x 1
  5. HITMIK

HITMIK New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    Hi,

I have this problem:

ssh in: /storage/hyperion/bin/hyperiond: error while loading shared libraries: libfontconfig.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I dont know what I doing? Can you help me, pls?

6. patriot14

patriot14 New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, +Arduino
    Hello, after updating to Openelec 8 I have the same error. The error persists even after a clean installation. Some idea ?

7. HareeshMU

HareeshMU New Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2, RPi3, 32/64bit, +Arduino, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    Hyperion Broke on OpenElec 8, on Update as well as clean install.

Error:

ssh out: cat /storage/logfiles/hyperion.log
    ssh in: /storage/hyperion/bin/hyperiond: error while loading shared libraries: libfontconfig.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Any help will be much appreciated!

8. KennethKoning

KennethKoning New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    Same issue here after updating to OpenElec 8.0 and reinstalling hyperion:

"/storage/hyperion/bin/hyperiond: error while loading shared libraries: libfontconfig.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

9. Pnuts76

Pnuts76 New Member

Hardware:
    RPi2
    I had the same problem after upgrading from OpenElec 7.0.1 to 8.0.1.
    The libraries libfontconfig.so.1 and also libfreetype.so.6 are missing and hyperion seems to have dependencies to them (for whatever reason...).
    Workaround I used and is working for me so far:
    1. Downgraded to OpenElec 7.0.1
    2. Searched for libfontconfig.so.1 and libfreetype.so.6 and stored them on my fileshare
    3. Upgraded to OpenElec 8.0.1
    4. Copied libfontconfig.so.1 and libfreetype.so.6 to /storage/hyperion/bin
    5. Rebooted
    6. --> Hyperion is up and running again without complaining
    But I've to mention, that I had some issues rebooting OpenElec and Kodi not starting up correctly two times after performing this workaround. Maybe there are some sideeffects. But since I'm really rarly rebooting my pi running with OpenElec and Kodi is currently running, I hope, this will work since there is a proper fix for that.

Last edited: 22 April 2017
  10. showtime

showtime New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    Hi there,

got exactly the same problem today. Tried to update from Openelec 7 and stuck in installing Hyperion with :

"/storage/hyperion/bin/hyperiond: error while loading shared libraries: libfontconfig.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

Anyone got a working solution or can share with us the missing libraries/files ?

Many thanks

11. showtime

showtime New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    Anyone please ? I'm still not found solution.

12. Pnuts76

Pnuts76 New Member

Hardware:
    RPi2
    Did you already tried my workaround by coping the missing libraries from an older version?
    For me it's working fine by now...

13. showtime

showtime New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    No at all, I've search around the web about these files, but can't found it. Where are they based in the system ? Thanks

14. Pnuts76

Pnuts76 New Member

Hardware:
    RPi2
    Hi,

just ssh onto your system and search them for example like this:
    find -name libfontconfig*

15. showtime

showtime New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    I've updated to Openelec 8, then these files aren't found, aswell it's the main problem. I can't downgrade to Openelec 7 since I've already setup all other things on the new update ..

16. Pnuts76

Pnuts76 New Member

Hardware:
    RPi2
    Check your inbox...

17. showtime

showtime New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    Work lik a charm now with the right missing fils and the glad help of Pnuts76 . Thanks to him

18. jopacer

jopacer New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    Please help me too!!:(

19. kifli

kifli New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    Hi, I have the same problem, but I can't find the libraries libfontconfig.so.1 and libfreetype.so.6, I'm searching onto openelec 7.0.1 by SSH but I don't find. Anyone help me?? Thanks

20. Pnuts76

Pnuts76 New Member

Hardware:
    RPi2