1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broke Hyperion on new Kodi update

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Boo, 8 January 2017.

1. Boo

Boo New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    Hi All. I had a Hyperion installation on Kodi running on Raspberry Pi which was working beautifully for a year or so. After a Kodi update, it stopped. I have done a bit of diagnosis (ssh into pi/openelec, and run hyperion script) and see the following...

OpenELEC:~/hyperion/bin # ./hyperion-remote.sh --priority 50 --color red --duration 5000

/storage/hyperion/bin/hyperion-remote: error while loading shared libraries: libfontconfig.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

So it looks to me like hyperion requires libfontconfig library, but it is not present in this version of Kodi.
    It seems OpenELEC/Kodi is locked down and doesn't allow installation of libraries - no sudo, no apt-get...
    Could anyone help me out with this issue? Do I need to update Hyperion and if so will this fix the issue?

I tried to find my Hyperion version - I see 'hyperion-v412' in the hyperion directory.

Thanks
    A

2. TPmodding

TPmodding Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2, RPi3, +Arduino
    that is v4L2 video 4 Linux version 2 :)

but just try a update of hyperion

3. Boo

Boo New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    I have followed the installation directions carefully (on the DOWNLOAD link). Specificaly, I have installed/run HyperCon.jar, removed the previous hyperion installation - checked that the /storage/hyperion directory is gone via ssh (it is). Then I did a HyperCon "install/update. That created the /storage/hyperion directory. I copied over the old config file - but in any case the following error happens independent of that... when I try to manually run the hyperion-remote script I get my original problem - that is, can't find the libfontconfig.so library file. I also can't find this anywhere on my OpenELEC/kodi

OpenELEC:~/hyperion/bin # /storage/hyperion/bin/hyperion-remote.sh --priority 50 --color red --duration 5000

/storage/hyperion/bin/hyperion-remote: error while loading shared libraries: libfontconfig.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I really need help on this - I think I am doing the installation correctly, according to the instructions here.
    But I seem to not have a library file that is needed/expected. I don't know how to fix this.

4. Boo

Boo New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    An update on this - I decided to do a fresh/clean install of KODI and Hyperion and everything is now working OK.
    I guess I had a corrupt Kodi installation - possibly through the use of an unstable development build at some stage...?
    Anyway, just thought I'd report everything A-OK now.

• Like Like x 1