Can't get Hyperion to install through SSH

• Getting the following errors when trying to install Hyperion on a RPi3 on openElec.

Kodi:~ # sh ./install_hyperion.sh
    *******************************************************************************
    This script will install/update Hyperion Ambient Light
    Created by brindosch - hyperion-project.org - the official Hyperion source.
    ---> Stop Hyperion, if necessary
    ---> Downloading the appropriate Hyperion release
    ---> Downloading Hyperion OpenELEC/LibreELEC release
    ######################################################################## 100.0%
    tar: invalid magic
    tar: short read
    ---> Downloading Hyperion OpenELEC/LibreELEC dependencies
    tar: can't change directory to '/storage/hyperion/bin': No such file or directory
    ######################################################################## 100.0%
    (23) Failed writing body
    chmod: /storage/hyperion/bin: No such file or directory
    rm: can't remove '/storage/hyperion/services': No such file or directory
    ---> Starting Hyperion
    Hyperion Installation/Update finished!
    Please download the latest HyperCon version to benefit from new features!
    To create a config, follow the HyperCon Guide at our Wiki (EN/DE)!
    Wiki: wiki.hyperion-project.org Webpage: www.hyperion-project.org

I tried these 2 repos and get the same output as above (pretty sure they are the same thing):

https://raw.githubusercontent.…r/bin/install_hyperion.sh

https://raw.githubusercontent.…r/bin/install_hyperion.sh

I tried to also download HyperCon, but sourceforge is giving me an error:

"The sourceforge.net website is temporarily in static offline mode.
    Only a very limited set of project pages are available until the main website returns to service."

So no idea where else to get it from to try any other solutions I found online, which suggest to use that program to SSH it to the RPi. Google only turned up links that go back to the sourceforge page which is down for who knows how long.

Any ideas? Should I consider a different OS for Kodi on the RPi3?

• Well you already named it - the install script pulls tar files from sourceforge - or at least it tries to. All it will currently get is the maintenance notification from sourceforge (I do, too - and I think the maintenance window has been announced well in advance but that only helps frequent visitors, of course)

Anyway, the install script can only work once sourceforge is back up. Keep checking the HyperCon download link you have - once the maintenance message disappears, the install script should work again, too.

Thanks,
    Jerry

Edit: Correction - just found a tweet stating that sourceforge is experiencing technical issues - so it's probably an unexpected outage.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!