Changing LED order

• Hi guys,

I most likely have a very simple question but I could not find the answer.
    I have my LED stripes installed in a weird way because of historical reasons, I used it as an ambient light before but not synched with what is on the screen but more like illuminating the room, effects and static colors.

Therefore I need to change the order of the LED's in the "hyperion.config.json". I can find a docu which describes this for "Hyperion.NG" but not for "Hyperion". And I am somehow unable to find a wiki for "Hyperion", all links I find are broken.

For "Hyperion.NG" I find the docu here, it mentions that the ORDER of the LED's in the JSON file are defining the order of LED's in the stripe:
    https://docs.hyperion-project.…/Advanced.html#led-layout

But how do I do this for "Hyperion" as the Hyperion json config has an additional "Index" value? does this mean the order in the JSON file is not important but the index value is?

Hyperion:

Code
    {
                "index" : 0,
                "hscan" : { "minimum" : 0.2500, "maximum" : 0.5000 },
                "vscan" : { "minimum" : 0.9200, "maximum" : 1.0000 }
            },
            {
                "index" : 1,
                "hscan" : { "minimum" : 0.0000, "maximum" : 0.2500 },
            },

Hyperion.NG:

My LED Strip Setup:

Code
    https://imgur.com/a/oyl1UCt

thanks

• With colororder you have to change that

Code
    {
        "device": {
            "name": "HyperionConfig",
            "type": "udpraw",
            "output": "192.168.178.82:19446",
            "rate": 800000,
            "maxpacket": 1450,
            "protocol": 0,
            "colorOrder": "rgb"
        },

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• i dont get it...you have 1 stripe for the left side and 1 stripe for the right side?

Right now, yes. Because so far I have only used the LED Stripes for light in the room and not synching them with a video.
    They are both connected to the same controller so the left and right stripe show the same colors.
    That is how it looks like:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Because of that both stripes start from the bottom center.
    Now I want to create a Hyperion Setup so I must create one continuous LED Strip by connecting the right 5m Strip#1 and left 5m Strip#2 together, this will result in a long 10m LED strip.

However the issue is that a standard Hyperion setup that I can create with HyperCon.jar assumes the LED strip is installed as a circle (clockwise) behind the screen, but in my case it is not a circle because how they were installed.

If you look at the picture below, a standard Hyperion setup would have the physical Led#151 on top just next to Led#150, but in my case (because how the LED strips are installed) the Led#151 is at the bottom.

So I need to modify the config file that HyperCon.jar created to let Hyperion know that Led#151 is at the center bottom, etc.

Maybe to simplify my question:
    I see that in the hyperion json config file all defined LED's have a value "index". Is "Index" refering to the physical location of the LED in the strip?
    This would mean that the entry with index=0 is the physical 1st LED in the strip and if index=150 this is the physical 151st LED in the strip.

Code
    {
                "index" : 0,
                "hscan" : { "minimum" : 0.2500, "maximum" : 0.5000 },
            },
            {
                "index" : 1,
                "hscan" : { "minimum" : 0.0000, "maximum" : 0.2500 },
            },

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!