Config Problem

• Hello,

I've got a Lightberry HD 4 meters pack on a Rpi2 with LibreElec.
    The Led strip is longer than my TV (74 LED on 120) so I left the rest behind it (I will purchase a bigger Tv on next year so I don't want to cut it). I works well on movie, effects and manual color but some LEDs are ON when I clear the LED strip.

So I tried to modify manually my config file, hyperion starts but hangs out and does not work after. I need to unplug the pack.

If someone can look my file and tell me what's wrong...

Thank you

• Clear the LED strip? Do you mean that they are still on when you shutdown your TV?
    If yes, do they all turn off if you use Hypercon to Stop hyperion via SSH?

If it does, you can use the following .sh script to turn on/off Hyperion by binding a key on your remote (line endings need to UNIX style and not Windows!!):

Bash
    #!/bin/sh
    SERVICE='hyperiond'
    if pgrep $SERVICE >/dev/null
    then
        killall hyperiond 2>/dev/null
    else
        /storage/.config/autostart.sh >/dev/null 2>&1&
    fi

Call it power_toggle.sh and upload it to /storage/.kodi/userdata/ . When it is uploaded, you need to give it chmod +x, so it can be executed. This is done by using SSH. Login to SSH and cd /.kodi/userdata/ . Then write chmod +x power_toggle.sh

Now you need to bind a key in Kodi. The easiest way to do this is to use the Keymap Editor addon (http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Keymap_Editor), bind a key for random command under "Global", remember the number and save.

Go to /storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/ , there should be a .xml file now (think it is keyboard.xml or keymaps.xml) and find <key id="number">something</key> and change something to SystemExec("/storage/.kodi/userdata/power_toggle.sh") :)

Hope it helps :) I turn off Hyperion before turning the RPi (which turns the TV off) every time, no leds are on then. It's also nice to have a toggle button when it's too bright for ambilight :D

Remember to use the last config file that worked.

• Thanks for your answer but this not my problem.
    Firstly I never shutdown my Rpi.

When I said Clear the LED strip, it's put all LED on black (like with clear button in hyperionCon or with --clearall argument on hyperion-remote).

The problem is on extra LED which are not defined by default configuration because outside the TV range.

On my LED Strip, Led 0 to 73 are around my TV for hyperion use and 74 to 119 are extra LED which I want to keep for future but always off.

Question : what happened if I define too many LED?

• Id should still be "default", create a new config, and try to replace:

with

I haven't tried it, and I am not sure if it works, but you need id to be default, not a random name as the device is default.

• Greetings,
    as you are using the lightberry apa102 sketch i can't help. There is a solution available for spi connected apa102.

/overseen adalightapa102 device

edit 2:
    remove all unused leds out of your leds section and tell me what happend :)

• Greetings,
    as you are using the lightberry apa102 sketch i can't help. There is a solution available for spi connected apa102.

/overseen adalightapa102 device

edit 2:
    remove all unused leds out of your leds section and tell me what happend :)

Hello Brindosch, thanks for your answer but I don't understand what you've writing. I didn't see original message and edit1 so I'm a little bit confused...

To answer the edit2, if I configure only 74 first LED with HyperCon, it works very well for this first 74 LED but sometimes few LED after (75 to last one) are ON (on red, blue or green).
    That's why I try to edit manually my config file to put out of range LED's valueGain to 0 but Hyperion seems to start but do nothing after and I need to stop Hyperion, replug the USB cable and restore the original config file to recover a working Hyperion system.

Have you seen a problem in my config file?

Where is the problem, Hyperion, my Rpi or my lightberry system?

• When more leds available then configured, the extra leds never set by hyperion. They are in an indefined state. Electrical noise can set the leds randomly.

In hyperion.ng, next big release (unknown when we release date is) we will have a general solution with that problem.
    In current hyüerion you wont have a good solution for that

• When more leds available then configured, the extra leds never set by hyperion. They are in an indefined state. Electrical noise can set the leds randomly.

In hyperion.ng, next big release (unknown when we release date is) we will have a general solution with that problem.
    In current hyüerion you wont have a good solution for that

Thanks for your detailed answer.

This week-end all works fine.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!