Detect usage and enable/disable LEDs

• Hello,
    I'm running Hyperion on a RPI3 with an Arduino and 60 WS2812B's everything works great, what I want to know is it possible to detect when Hyperion is sending out data to the LEDs?
    My RPI3 is always running as a NAS and it's pointless to keep the LED on all the time. What I'd like to do is create a script that detects when Hyperion is sending out data and turn on the LED using a relay. When it's not playing any video or Hyperion effects, turn off the relay.
    Is this possible?

• a quick and easy solution: change the arduino sketch. When no data from serial is comming in switch your leds via gpio off ...

But there is is but ... e.g. smoothing can send continuously data to the leds or the opposite, setting a solid color (e.g. via android app) will send only one time (if smoothing and/or continuous output is off).

Perhaps you better use something from the home automation area (e.g. FHEM). There are kodi plugins. home automation is exactly for controlling your power outlets and so on ...

• Everything with hyperion is working perfectly. I'm not grabbing menus or screensavers and the LEDs are correctly blanked. What I'd like to do it disconnect the power for the LEDs with a relay when they are blacked.
    Maybe which is pointless but I leave the Pi on 24/7 and if the LEDs aren't displaying anything I'd like them to be disconnected. Maybe this isn't a problem leaving the LEDs on 24/7, what do you think?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!