Do any working video grabbers actually exist?

• I've gone through 3 video grabbers - all of them falsely advertised as containing a compatible chipset. The only thing preventing me from using Hyperion at the moment is a working video grabber.

Are there any working UTVF007 chipset grabbers available for sale anywhere?

• Yes here, I use it at the moment:
    € 7,50 18%OFF | Rullz 4K carte de Capture vidéo USB 3.0 2.0 HDMI vidéo Grabber boîte d'enregistrement pour PS4 jeu DVD caméscope caméra enregistrement en direct Streaming
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_BVDUG8

The black one.

But I see you already tried it and it doesn't work for you, so maybe your problem is not the grabber...

I think it's the grabber:

lsusb

Code
    osmc@osmc:~$ lsusb
    Bus 001 Device 010: ID 2341:0043 Arduino SA Uno R3 (CDC ACM)
    Bus 001 Device 009: ID 534d:2109
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMSC9512/9514 Fast Ethernet Adapter
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMC9514 Hub
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

dmesg

Code
    [448030.747419] usb 1-1.3: USB disconnect, device number 7
    [448107.547422] usb 1-1.4: USB disconnect, device number 8
    [448113.728623] usb 1-1.3: new high-speed USB device number 9 using dwc_otg
    [448113.861923] usb 1-1.3: New USB device found, idVendor=534d, idProduct=2109, bcdDevice=21.00
    [448113.861940] usb 1-1.3: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
    [448113.861950] usb 1-1.3: Product: USB Video
    [448113.861960] usb 1-1.3: Manufacturer: MACROSILICON
    [448113.862987] uvcvideo: Found UVC 1.00 device USB Video (534d:2109)
    [448113.864335] uvcvideo 1-1.3:1.0: Entity type for entity Processing 2 was not initialized!
    [448113.864351] uvcvideo 1-1.3:1.0: Entity type for entity Camera 1 was not initialized!

v4l2-ctl --all

sudo lshw

Code
    *-usb:1
                 description: Video
                 product: USB Video
                 vendor: MACROSILICON
                 physical id: 3
                 bus info: usb@1:1.3
                 version: 21.00
                 capabilities: usb-2.00
                 configuration: driver=usbhid maxpower=500mA speed=480Mbit/s
  • I have the same capture usb and got it to work by just using the latest raspbian and doing a manual compile and install following the github instructions instead of trying to get LibreELEC to work. Didn't have to do any special config hacks or anything

• I have the same capture usb and got it to work by just using the latest raspbian and doing a manual compile and install following the github instructions instead of trying to get LibreELEC to work. Didn't have to do any special config hacks or anything

Hi, Do you have the link of the github instructions that you have followed? Please :) . And did you do something special in the hyperion config? Like what is your config for the remote page and the capturing hardware page? I have plug mine but when I go on the preview page I see the picture blinking.. like it goes from my chromecast and turn of to go to the rainbow/no video page.. It never stays on the usb capture image

• The problem I had was the capture device wasn't being detected at all, since you are getting a signal (even if it's the rainbow image), I think yours might be in your splitter if you have one or between your chromecast and your capture device. However, especially if you have a spare SD card or don't care about doing a fresh install anyway to test, feel free to continue with my post below. It still might resolve your issue :)

After flashing the SD with the newest Raspbian from their website, I opened a console and ran a "dmesg" command after plugging in the stick to verify it was recognized and assigned to /dev/video0 or /dev/video1 (mine was without doing anything else on a fresh install so the driver must be included now). If that part goes ok, and was the roadblock with me on Libre ELEC, then doing the next part should get it to work. I've also attached full screenshots of my capturing hardware and remote control (I didn't see a "remote" pages, so I assume thats what you meant) - they are basically default except I turned off the "platform capture" option, which is for the raspberry pi camera I think.

Here's the instructions I followed https://github.com/hyperion-pr…ob/master/CompileHowto.md

Do the stuff under "Debian/Ubuntu/Win10LinuxSubsystem" and "on RPI you need the videocore IV headers" and then this command under "The general quick way (without big comments)":

Code
    wget -qO- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hyperion-project/hyperion.ng/master/bin/compile.sh | sh

It takes a LONG time on a raspberry pi, I think like 45 minutes on my 3. When it does, run

Code
    sudo make install/strip

from the "Install hyperion into your system" part at the bottom of the page.

Here's my config pages:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!