Do I have to cut the led strip?

• You don't have to cut the strip, it's up to you and will really depend on your setup. I'm using APA102 (60/m) around my 65" tv and I have cut it into four strips because I'm running power to each of the four lengths of LEDs.

The reason is that for longer strips of LEDs, supplying power at only one end is often not enough and what can happen is your LEDs toward the end of your strip will show the wrong colours because they're not receiving enough power. (look up "wire resistance and current drop-off" if you want more detailed information on this)

You can still add power along the strip, or even from both ends, without cutting it I just personally found it easier with the strips cut - but it's really up to you.

• Hey, thanks for the answer. I already cut the led strip and connectect them with led connecters but they just dont work good sometimes the led's light up and sometimes not.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!