Does ambient light work with 24p playback?

• Hi!
    I just discovered this project and I want to try it out. I have an Nvidia Shield that I use to playback movies to my TV. The shield is set to automatically change the TV's refresh rate to 24hz when a 24fps movie is played.
    While reading through the diy guide I found this:

"When video capture is turned on you are limited to 50/60hz due to technical restrictions, a solution for this is to add a remote controlled power brick (KaKu for the dutch users) and put the HDMI->Composite converter in that.
    Make sure you get an powered HDMI->Composite converter and not the passive one that is powered by the HDMI signal !

So if you want to use video capture just toggle it on via remote and leave it off when needing 24p playback."

Does this mean that the ambient light can't used with 24p playback?

• I guess that this is the best option for the shield but I am concerned with compromising the system's performance (I am using the shield as a plex server). I am also concerned with lag and led responsiveness considering that the shield and the raspberry are connected via wifi. Unfortunally there aren't many videos showing the setup in action.

Anyway I found this. They claim that it supports 24Hz but it isn't very affordable. I have sent them an email for confirmation. Do you know if that's a valid product?

• Ok so Lightberry answered and they confirmed that their HDMI converter fully supports 24Hz. I think I am going to order the raspberry and the apa102 and give the android grabber a shot and if I don't like it I will buy the lighberry converter.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!