Dual HDMI out from AVR (Onkyo) - 4k + 1080p ?

• Hi,

Anyone knows if the dual-HDMI-out AVR's are smart enough to send 4k to TV and at the same time downscale to 1080p on the 2nd output (for the HDMI2AV) ? Or are they simply outputting the same signal to both ?

Specifically for Onkyo TX-NR656.

Thanks
    Jb

• There might be some AVRs out there that do this, but from my research the vast majority do not. Generally speaking, AVRs will scale down the source content to the lowest resolution device connected to any output. I really wish they did put out a separate resolution for each HDMI out, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

As a work around, people seem to be having luck with a couple products, namely the HD Fury Linker (quite expensive), and the EZCOO 4K splitter scaler. haven't used either yet myself, but you may wish to look into those. Also keep in mind that while these might solve your 4K problem, they may not play nicely with HDR and/or Dolby Atmos; something else to consider when doing your research if those matter to you.

Good luck!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!