Effects help SK6812

• I have been trying to figure out an effect where I could only have specific LEDs lit up while the remaining were not.

Example: 100 LEDs in total (I don't know have RGB as I am using sk612)

LEDs
    1-10 Unlit
    11-30 Lit
    31-60 Unlit
    61-80 Lit
    81-100 Unlit

• you can do it like this, make a config of all your leds ( all of the 100 leds thats available )
    then make a backup of your Json file.

open your Json file with texteditor,
    there go to the bottom of the file and search for this;

"leds": [
    {
    "h": {
    "max": 0.0625,
    "min": 0
    },
    "v": {
    "max": 0.08,
    }
    },
    {
    "max": 0.125,
    "min": 0.0625
    },
    }
    },
    {
    "max": 0.1875,
    "min": 0.125
    },
    }
    },
    {
    "max": 0.25,
    "min": 0.1875
    },
    }

there in this list find out which led is which ( not that easy) and remove them and save the Json file.
    then import the Json file back to Hyperion.
    Restart Hyperion and all the leds you selected are firing up with every effect you choose.
    Howto select the right led in the list i don't know, maybe someone here knows.

or; do this manually in Hyperion Led settings and try to save your config, but i honestly have no experience with your aproach so you have to find out.

• Offizieller Beitrag

In addition to teh above, if you want to blacklist some LEDs during processing(not as part of an effect), you can overwrite the capture area manually with

"hmax": 0,
    "hmin": 0,
    "vmax": 0,
    "vmin": 0

Sample:

After doing the update, press "Save Layout" and NOT "Update Preview".
    Then refresh the screen.

Every record of

{
    "hmax": ..,
    "hmin": 0,
    "vmax": 0,
    "vmin": 0
    },

is one LED in a sequential order.
    First record = LED 1, 2nd record = LED 2 etc.

Note, if you set a color or effect via the Remote Control this "blacklisting" is not considered.

• So I guess "effect" is the wrong way to put it... (only messed around with it once YEARS ago, so still noob here)

Better-ish Example... I have:

60 LEDs on the top
    60 LEDs on the bottom
    30 LEDs on the left
    30 LEDs on the right

Let's say I wanted the top and bottom to be a specific color (static)
    And the sides to be unlit 0,0,0
    But still be able to revert back to an effect where they all can be included in whatever effect is running

Is this possible, and how?

• So I guess "effect" is the wrong way to put it... (only messed around with it once YEARS ago, so still noob here)

Better-ish Example... I have:

60 LEDs on the top
    60 LEDs on the bottom
    30 LEDs on the left
    30 LEDs on the right

Let's say I wanted the top and bottom to be a specific color (static)
    And the sides to be unlit 0,0,0
    But still be able to run an effect and have the sides functioning as normal.

Is this possible, and how?

• yes it is possible,

create 2 LED instances which you can select and deselect when you want.

instance 1 is the "normal one" with all the leds lit.
    instance 2 is the specific one without alot of leds not in the configuration.

you can create this on General tab and run it, select your 2th instance in the top of the browser with 2 arrows> have to be green dot to be active

goodluck.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ok. If I go you right:

1. You would like to use all LEDs while using the TV
    2. You might like to use some LEDs while using the TV
    3. You would like to run a static color or another effect with some LEDs blacklisted

For scenario 1 & 2 this is possible using the way @jeroen warmerdam outlined.
    For scenario 3 this is currently not possible, as static color and effects are using all LEDs configured.

You can capture a New Feature request on GitHub (see issues) - https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion.ng/issues
    and an enhancement might be considered going forward.

• I submitted a question and no one responded and hoping I can get help from one of you since you were kind enough to reply to this thread.

Is there a way to control the white LED on an sk6812 instead of just the RGB?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!