Effects

• I'm totally new to RPi, hyperion or any coding at all.... Can someone point me in the right direction to add effects to hyperion?

I'm just looking at editing come colors and timing in the effects already available, call them something new, and then add to hyperion. I hope that explained it properly.

• Greetings,
    in your effects directory /usr/share/effects or /storage/hyperion/effects (depends on your distribution) you will find many .json

"name" is the name that is displayed in your list and "args" are the possible values you could modify. You could copy paste a .json you want to edit and change the name and args

The "base" effect is in this case "script" : "mood-blobs.py". To add more arguments in your json you need to extend the appropiate .py

Have fun

• My issue is, I have NO programming knowledge what so ever. I've tried to read up on python and it is all gibberish to me...

Can you maybe help with this scenario? I would like to have an effect that, has three colors (red, white, green) and have them move around the LEDs. How would I edit a script to accomplish that? The only one I THINK I'm can maybe figure out would be police lights to change the two colors to what I want and then add the third color.

• OK... Didn't see that list of effects.... That's an awesome list!!!

Now.... Can you give me a step by step on how to actually install those ok my Raspberry pi? I'm totally new to this... I'm not even sure yet i got hyperion installed properly... LOL

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!