Enable USB Capture by default

• I only want to use USB Capture in my setup.
    After starting hyperiond with ssh, it defaults to Platform Capture, I need to go to WebUI, and enable USB Capture.
    Unfortunately, "All changes are lost after a restart."
    Is there any way to enable USB Capture by default and select it automatically on the start?

• If someone else needs it, here is the solution.
    Download any sql database viewer (i got DB Browser for SQLLite).
    Get your hyperion.db file from /home/pi/.hyperion/db and open in the viewer.
    In Browse Data tab select "settings" table find "instCapture" setting.
    In config column, change "v4lEnable":false to "v4lEnable":true, and in hyperion_inst column, change NULL to 0.(or whatever instance id you are using)

• Sorry to Hijack this thread but based on your "All changes are lost after a restart" comment I would say that you didn't enable the USB capture at the right place in the WebUI.
    This setting has to be set in the "Configuration/Capturing hardware" tab.

I have some "similar" problem btw, opened a thread here but had no answer.
    I'd like to use USBCapture only too, but even if I uncheck "Enable Platform Capture", as soon as I switch to Kodi, ambilight stops working...
    TV, game console and everything else than Kodi makes ambilight work (with the USB capture).
    Any idea on what is happening ?

I'd really like to get rid of the Platform Capture and always rely on USBCapture for everything, less of a hassle to configure...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!