Flickering issue

• Hello, i´ve been using Hyperion for ambilight for two years, on RPi3, basic APA 102 setup. After some year and few months ago sometimes some LED´s started flicker, after some weeks it started flicker a lot, ambilight is almost unusable.

Last week i bought RPi4, installed, uploaded hyperion, and the problem is the same - colour flickering.

Starting rainbow effect - flickering, flashing random diodes really bright.

Hyperion Remote on iOS, when no video plays - the same, with one special behavior, when i dim the lights (pure red has the best results), flickering stops. When sliding the brightness controls up, flickering come back, more bright, more flicker. Effects like rainbow, knight rider and such are the same.

Movies - flickering. When i played with Gamma in HyperCon, flickering almost stops somewhere around 2,5 and more, but it´s almost no light, my optimal is 1,3.

I checked all the cables, bought new corner connectors, which were somehow strange. Problem is still the same. I tried separate signal cable like 20cm from any other cables due to interferrences, but the cable is shielded itself. Nothing.

I tried to measure the voltages, at PS i have some 5,3 V (when in use it is going between 5,25 - 5,35). At input connector to LEDs on TV i measure 5,1-5,3 V. On the first LEDs 4,85 - 4,95 V and the end LEDs (going by direction of arrows on strip) the same. Numbers are changing little bit depending on what is played, if solid color, effect or movie.

What i clearly see, is more light, more flickering. I am going crazy about this.

• SOLVED! Solution for this trouble is:

Check the cables, are they OK? Yes. Problem still here? Yes.

Check them again. Are they OK? Yes. Problem still here? Yes.

Check them for third time. Are they OK? No. Repair them. Problem still here? No. OK.

• 1.) Give power to the LEDs at both sides (5V and GND).
    2.) A level shifter could also solve the flickering issue.

Grüße aus Österreich / Greetings from Austria !

- Don't wanna miss it anymore !

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!