Flickering

• So, I installed about 4 meters of APA102 under my cabinets. My issue is, there is a break (about 2 meters) between the sink and about a meter of LEDs. The last meter will only respond properly when saturation is full. If it's let's say 30/30/30 the lady meter just flickers like crazy.

Would a logic lever shifter help? Or should I install "ghost leds" in the gap and just wrap with tape to hide the LEDs?

• Offizieller Beitrag

it would waste 2ms leds, you could be right with the level shifter, it was my first thought too... its just a few dollars...you should try it before you waste those leds :)

• It's one larger supply 20A.... I checked the wiring... Actually required the whole thing... Seems the issue only comes when it goes over the stretch above the sink... I checked the clock and data and it says it's at about 2.9v...

Seems to have gotten slightly better but definitely not perfect... If set the RGB to like 90/90/90 the last set starts to flicker. Maybe I should clarify, it's more like a twinkle... Random LEDs flash on and off and at different colors. I also strung them all together and they work perfectly if that stretch of wire isn't installed...

Is there something I should be adjusting INSIDE Hyperion? Baudrate or the Hz?

• How did you measure the clock and data voltages ? Just a multimeter or using an oscilloscope ?

Dropping the baud rate would be a quick test - any signal reflections between the strips will be worse at higher frequencies.
    Assuming you're using the default 1M, try 100k or 10k

I don't know the output drive strength of the apa102. Interference from other devices could be an issue.

• I used multimeter.

I'll try dropping the baud rate tomorrow.

So if I get what ur saying, the higher, the more exaggerated the issues. And what exactly is a baud rate (as you can probably tell, I'm a total NOOB

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!