Grabber Image Not Found?

• Hello all, and sorry for the need to start a new thread over a subject that I'm sure has been touched on before, but I was unable to find anything that fully resolved my problem. I have a RasPi 2B+ with an ArdUno controlling a string of 167 WS2812B LEDS. I am running on OpenElec 6.0, and have thus far with my project installation run into little troubles. However, I have now reached the point where I am trying to pull screen caps via a USB grabber (STK1160 chipset, and verified that it is recognized via the lsusb comman). My LEDS are fully functional when controlled via mobile app, but are not illuminating otherwise, which makes me believe they are being passed nothing but "BLACK" as their desired color. Upon trying to take a screen shot through HyperCon I am given the message "No picture found check SSH Traffic. Stop Hyperion before you take a screenshot". When trying to take a screenshot via SHH I am flooded with "Frame too small: 82XXXXX !=829440. If I enable the internal grabber, after a very long wait I eventually get the image below. Any help would be appreciated. Also, please know that I am VERY new to RasPi/Linux, so help with commands would be appreciated. Thank you all for your help in advance

JSON [MEDIA=pastebin]FRak9w2x[/MEDIA]

Log from attempted HyperCon Screenshot

ssh out: killall hyperiond 2>/dev/null ; /storage/hyperion/bin/hyperion-v4l2.sh --device /dev/video0 --video-standard PAL --input 0 --width -1 --height -1 --crop-left 0 --crop-right 0 --crop-top 0 --crop-bottom 0 --size-decimator 1 --frame-decimator 2 --red-threshold 0.0 --green-threshold 0.0 --blue-threshold 0.0 --screenshot
    ssh out: sh: /storage/hyperion/bin/hyperion-v4l2.sh: not found
    sftp getFile(./screenshot.png, java.awt.Image)

• I am having a similar problem, always have. However, here are some of the tips I have read. Hopefully they can solve your issue.
    1. The grabber must be powered by a usb hub, not the pi2
    2. Someone said the switch on their HDMI2AV was not labelled correctly, try reversing it
    3. Someone said that putting PAL in the hyperion config file worked even though it should have been NTSC. Maybe the opposite would work for you.

By doing steps 2 and 3, I have been able to get a proper screenshot sometimes after booting up. For some reason, those are the times my LEDs quit working.

New Hardware that doesn't work properly since 2020:
    202 APA102 Leds with 10amp power supply
    RPi 4 with power supply
    Windows Grabber, Win10 64bit PC
    Ubiquity Unifi Network

Old Hardware that never worked properly since 2014:
    137 ws2801 LEDs
    HDMI splitter
    HD2AV (NTSC video source)
    STK1160
    rpi2 with OSMC

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!