HDMI Grabber AWOL

• I have had an on again off again love affair with hyperion, we seem to be at odds once again.

I have hyperion 9, also tried 6 and 7, same results, hook up to a HDMI grabber like . The problem is, it doesn't show up, well, at times it does, but it is rare. It worked before, now I have no idea what is going on. I have tried different pi's and different grabbers (I have 3 of these) everything is giving me the same results, nothing. I am at a loss as to where to start in order to troubleshoot this.

Any ideas?

• out of curiosity, how are you powering the device?

do you see it when you run?

Code
    lsusb

Im sure i saw a detailed post on this forum on troubleshooting USB grabbers but I cant find it but I remember seeing a post from @Awawa somewhere that went into more depth.

• out of curiosity, how are you powering the device?

do you see it when you run?

Code
    lsusb

Im sure i saw a detailed post on this forum on troubleshooting USB grabbers but I cant find it but I remember seeing a post from @Awawa somewhere that went into more depth.

lsusb results:

Bus 001 Device 003: ID 534d:2109

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 1a40:0101 Terminus Technology Inc. Hub

Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

It's the top guy there. The systems sees it, Hyperion does not.

• How are you powering it up? only reason i ask is my usb port appears to power up a hard drive for the tv to record on with no problems but caused nothing but intermittent issues when powering up a HDMI splitter, makes no sense but runs perfectly when its own power supply is used, so worth a mention.

Does this command return anything

Code
    v4l2-ctl --all

In Hyperion -> Configuration -> Capturing Hardware -> USB Capture
    Does it list your device in there when you click the drop down to change it from automatic to manually selecting the grabber?

What operating system are you running?

• I am powering the pi off of the power supply for the lights. I added a USB dongle to the screw-in terminals. I have powered the HDMI capture both from the pi and from an external power source, same results either way.

Yes my capture is in the drop-down as USB Video: USB Video

EDIT: OS is rpi lite

Here are the results from v42l-ctl --all

• Weird run those commands again next time it drops off and see if they still show, but going by that it appears that the o/s is recognising the grabber and Hyperion knows about it as you can select it from the list.

post some info regarding your o/s and attach some screenshots of your configuration as its a bit strange that you have the same problem with 3 grabbers, sounds more like a config problem somewhere rather than a hardware fault, does platform capture work as expected?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!