1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hdmi grabber?

Discussion in 'Hyperion General' started by pigbait, 30 December 2018.

1. HyperLEDs

HyperLEDs New Member

Good call.

The grabber displays a vertical bar pattern when there's no signal detected, hence the RGB pattern.

I got it to work with a standard 4K signal, although with a delay that I need to figure out how to fix - I can't set the frames per second to anything above 5.

The bigger problem is that it doesn't look like I can pass a 4K HDR signal to the grabber (it just displays the bar pattern), and the splitter I'm using (link) cannot down-convert an HDR signal to a standard signal without completely washing the image out. Any thoughts on how to make this setup work with HDR?

2. HyperLEDs

HyperLEDs New Member

3. Russ Suter

Russ Suter New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    I'm pretty new to this whole setup since I just finished my installation last week. I'm going through a downscaling HDMI splitter and then sending the 1080p side to an HDMI2AV unit and then to a USB 2 AV capture device. It works great except for the HDR colors being way off. I was able to get reasonably close to accurate by altering the gamma settings in the image processing section. Unfortunately, auto switching between profiles when using HDR content doesn't appear to be something I can automate. Also, I have no idea how to save and switch between multiple profiles since I'm still completely new to all this stuff.

4. akhak

akhak New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
  5. Awawa

Awawa Active Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi3, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    I wonder why to chose cheapest HDMI grabber now... these one based on MS2109 could have some issues with Hyperion.NG also and it's wholesale price is around 3-5USD. You get what you pay. Not great problem if it will stopped working at some point but the worst case scenario is potentially damage to the TV or other equipment as HDMI input is weakest point for their electronic these days. I have used some equipment that based on utv007 but there were no other choice in that time.But I was lucky because it was original utv007 not the counterfeit. Next one with direct HDMI to USB broke in few weeks due to not sufficient cooling and it consumed energy from HDMI all the time and didn't have any power saving feature at all. Guess I was lucky again...

Last edited: 3 September 2020
  6. Awawa

Awawa Active Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi3, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    that's quite OK according to the MS2109 spec:
    1920x1080 MJPEG:30fps, YUY2:5fps
    1600x1200 MJPEG:30fps, YUY2:5fps

and the input resolution/fps

4K 60,59,50,30,29,25,24,23Hz
    1080p 60,59,50Hz
    720p 60,59,50Hz
    576p 50Hz
    480p 60,59Hz
    PC 60Hz

seems that there is nothing less than 50hz for 1080p

[​IMG]

I dont think that yuy2 is supported but it's a question to persons that own it and claim it works (mjpeg works but there are other problems)
    case PixelFormat::UYVY,
    case PixelFormat::YUYV,
    case PixelFormat::BGR16,
    case PixelFormat::BGR24,
    case PixelFormat::RGB32,
    case PixelFormat::BGR32,
    case PixelFormat::MJPEG:

Last edited: 3 September 2020
  7. puntoboy

puntoboy New Member

Hardware:
    32/64bit, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    Please help. I have a similar setup to you, same grabber (I think) Pi 2, and the 4k60 version of the splitter. I can't get my Pi to recognise the grabber. Certainly there's no preview. The LEDs only go in their standby effect. What device path did you select? https://hyperion-project.org/threads/old-raspberry-pi.11060/