HDMI over IP

• A device that broadcasts HDMI over ip. Theoretically you could run OSMC on a RPI and play the HDMI stream the device broadcasts and then use hyperion to work its magic, this would allow use of any device as the input instead of using a usb video grabber as mentioned elsewhere. (i assume). I picked up said HDMI broadcast device for £20.

I've not seen any other mention of doing it this way, i'm going to try today if i get time between work.

Is it actually possible this way?, is there a better way? I've not worked with LED's, Hyperion etc before, only been reading for a couple of hours.

My setup will be.

ws2812b LEDs connected to an arduino nano.

Nano connected to Raspberry Pi to get the data feed.

5v 3a power adapter to power the LED strip, with the ground also connected to the ground pin on the nano.
    (What happens if LEDs are underpowered? will they just not light at all, will they just dim?)

OSMC + Hyperion running on the RPI.

Sky Tv box connected to HDMI over IP broadcast device.

Also would like Kodi on my Nvidia Shield to work also without sending that over the HDMI to IP device.

I've seen a lot of posts from people struggling with basic setups, so any advice or tips before i embark on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Just to update this thread, hdmi over ip works, but it's not great, i ended up just buying a usb grabber for £8 and splitting the hdmi signal. All i had to do was enable the grabber and it worked excellent with all HDMI devices.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!