1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RPi + OSMC HDMI to USB UTV007

Discussion in 'Hardware Support' started by Jeff Moore, 9 June 2020.

1. Jeff Moore

Jeff Moore New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    Currently I am using the Analog to USB UTV007 capture device to run my led lights connected to Rasp PI 3B+ using Hyperion on OSMC. I would prefer to get rid of the HDMI to Analog converter. Does anyone have any suggestions on if/where to buy such a device if it is available?

Thanks!

2. violentstorm

violentstorm New Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero
  3. Andy Howden

Andy Howden New Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi3, +PhilipsHue
    I got the same thing from AliExpress for $15.39 including shipping to the UK
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32827676511.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.61284c4dllWDt1

I have got this working with the latest Raspian build (as at 20-JUN-2020) on a Raspberry Pi Zero WH.

You do need to do the standard: "no-change" in the .json file though to get it to work.

I find that the USB Grabber gets pretty hot in use. Not sure how long it will last!
    But it does work. Saves all the HDMI to RCA conversion before going to the Grabber.

4. thesuffering

thesuffering New Member

Dont mean to hijack the thread but do these devices work when you play DRM apps like Netflix or YoutubeTV?

5. jochenf

jochenf Active Member

6. Andy Howden

Andy Howden New Member

Hardware:
    Yes I have watched Netflix through my AppleTV through it.
    My AppleTV HDMI output goes to one of the inputs in my AV receiver and I feed the output of the AV receiver into an HDMI splitter - one output directly to the TV and the other to the frame Grabber. I have not encountered any DRM issues so far. The lights definitely reflect the edge of the screen image.

7. thesuffering

thesuffering New Member

Which grabber do you have? Also is your Apple TV the 4K model? Im using Hyperion Android Grabber with my Nvidia Shield, which is fantastic, but it lacks DRM support so I only really get Hyperion for Plex and Youtube currently. Really excited to hear you can use Netflix with this, guess my spending on this project isnt done yet lol

8. Andy Howden

Andy Howden New Member

Hardware:
    I posted the Aliexpress link earlier but here it is again:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32827676511.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.61284c4dllWDt1

9. thesuffering

thesuffering New Member

10. Andy Howden

Andy Howden New Member

Hardware:
    That's OK.

I forgot to say what type of Apple TV I have - it's the latest 32GB 4K one.