1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help fix WS2812B - rasp 3 - arduino

Discussion in 'LED Devices Support' started by Draq, 6 April 2019.

1. Draq

Draq New Member

Hello,

I can't get this working, I have led strip WS2812B with rasp pi 3 and arduino nano, I use OPENELEC.

I am sending the config file to the open elec via SSH, but the leds are not showing anything. I also uploaded on arduino uno software for this and set the correct pins.

Any idea what I am doing wrong? I select (WS281X) in hyperion.

Please help me

2. Arakon

Arakon Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi3, +Arduino
    What sketch is on the arduino?
    If the arduino is working right, you should be getting a color pattern directly when it's powered up already, regardless of hyperion and the raspberry. If not, your sketch or wiring is bad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Draq

Draq New Member

Hey Arakon, thanks for being here.

Leds are working, I can control them from HyperCon.jar , to change their colors, but when I plug all the video grabber and everything, problem starts to kick in.

My STK1160 Video Capture is not seen in the USB properly, I think I am missing some software that I have to setup for this video capture?

Any idea?

Bus 001 Device 027: ID 1a86:7523 QinHeng Electronics HL-340 USB-Serial adapter
    Bus 001 Device 028: ID 534d:0021
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMSC9512/9514 Fast Ethernet Adapter
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMC9514 Hub
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Bus 001 Device 028: ID 534d:0021 = THIS IS VIDEO CAPTURE

/dev/video0 missing..

LogiLink VG0001A, USB 2.0 this I have

Last edited: 6 April 2019
  4. Arakon

Arakon Member

Hardware:
    That's not a STK1160 chipset.. that's an unsupported one. There's no driver for the raspberry for this, as far as I am aware.
    Try to find an UTV007 one.. the colors aren't as good, but it's more common and causes less trouble.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Draq

Draq New Member

Wow , and I bought two of this.. paid 50 euro for nothing..
    Are you sure there is no way to solve this? can't I write myself the support for it?

6. TPmodding

TPmodding Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2, RPi3, +Arduino, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    nothing no, you can write new drivers for it...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Draq

Draq New Member

I want colors to be as best as possible, can you tell me what other options I have? what shall I order exactly? or if I can write the driver?

8. Draq

Draq New Member

Thanks sir for the response, thank you for creating this community for all the fans of ambilight. I'll order a new one then and wait to see if this gets solved.

Another question is, can I "ditch" the Arduino and just use raspberry with my WS281X? or its mandatory to have the arduino for this type of led strips?

9. Arakon

Arakon Member

Hardware:
    2812b will work without, in theory. I actually had problems with it and went with the arduino route, which is working flawlessly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Draq

Draq New Member

Any tutorial without it? would prefer to not use arduino..

11. Arakon

Arakon Member

Hardware: