Help: Its a Libreelec hyperion issue (whode have thought it!)

• Howdy all, any pointers or help on the following would be great as the wife has now threatened to strangle me with the LEDS and shove the pi somewhere very uncomfortable.

I am using the LIBREELEC 7.09 on a nexbox A905X and everything is playing smooth as butter with amccodec acceleration enabled. I have a PI that is running the Hyperion service and everything gets sent over the network via XMBC plugin. My previous setup used an android rock chip for the KODI player so hardware acceleration was always a bit tricky.

I couldnt install 1.02 XBMC zip file in libreelec so I'm on 1.0 istaklled via a repo but it does send updates to the hyperion server whilst hardware acceleration is off. Is there any way I can get this to work with hardware acceleration enable, can I install another instance of hyperion on the kodi box and use the forwarder option in the config to hit the pi that is connected to the leds via an Arduino.

I have read up but still cant find a definite answer, thanks peeps.

• Got everything working from the hyperion end now, can run effects and change colours via remote. Just looking at screen grab now in kodi. Have replaced hyperiond and added framegrabber. Still cant get it to activate lights via kodi. Will try forwarder next but cant see much luck coz if its not grabbing the screen its got nothing to foward.

• Hi TPmodding thanks for getting back to me, I've loaded config as requested. I was running Hyperion on its own pi hence the forwarder using a different IP. I've now got everything running (including Hyperion server) on libreelec 8 with kodi 17 as Hyperion wouldn't install on version 7.0.10 (its documented on here). The only way I could get it too capture anything was too stick the Hyperion Kodi capture addon and sending that too local host.

As I'm using the kodi add-on grabber I have to switch off H.264 acceleration otherwise the lights just go nuts. When its enabled video plays fine so the build can play these files without issues, its only when using Hyperion which I think is down to the kodi grabber. Its not clear from what ive read but do you need to activate the X11 grabber through the config via Vl42 grabber section and change to the grabber in there.

Thanks again

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!