Help me try to fix the Philips Hue brightness issue (aka how to cross compile for libreELEC)

• Hi everyone,

a little disclaimer at first: I'm no coder, computer engineer or anything similar. I just really like Hyperion.

The Issue: If you don't know already there is a problem with Hyperion when using it with Philips Hue. Red and blue colours are not as bright as yellow, green or white. You can also see that in the Hue app.

The Solution basically already exist as Hyperion.ng, which is the successor of Hyperion, currently in pre alpha, but it is said that it works really well. You can find it on Github.

The other solution is to use a fork of Hyperion by ntim which is also on Github. If you do that you need to change your configuration file which he describes here

Now, I need your help to compile that code. Since you can't compile on LibreELEC, you need to cross compile it and I have no idea how that's done. I just found a guide in the LibreELEC wiki. I'll try my best and let you know when I make any progress

• So the libreELEC wiki just explains how to cross compile libreELEC and not software for libreELEC. So I tried to get the CrossCompileHowto.txt to work.

I'm running Ubuntu 18.04. At first I renamed it to .sh and modified it a little. You can find my version attached. (renamed it back to txt to be able to upload it). But I got several errors. For example CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH was not set, so I set it to ~/hyperion.ng which is where I cloned the git repo to. Now it tells me

Code
    CMake Error at dependencies/CMakeLists.txt:19 (add_subdirectory):
      The source directory

/home/marius/hyperion.ng/dependencies/external/protobuf

does not contain a CMakeLists.txt file.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!