[Help] RPi 2 isnt communicating with LEDs

• Hello, My RPi 2 isnt communicating with LEDs, As in if I send a command from HyperCon to change colors they dont, same if I use putty... Theres also "phantom power" thats powering everything when the main plug is disconnected. The only thing thats connected is the HDMI ports... (Can they transfer power?)

Here is a parts list, If this helps.
    HKBAYI 5M 16.4F 5V WS2801 addressable RGB LED
    Generic USB 2.0 Easycap Dc60 Tv Dvd Vhs Video Adapter
    SOWTECH ST-HDSP0001 1X2 HDMI Splitter
    Daisen tech HDMI to AV Converter 1080p HDMI to RCA CVBS AV Composite Adapter
    Mokungit 1pc 5V 8A Plastic LED Power Supply

Hyperion Config

HyperCon settings

Thank you.

Mod - Sorry, if this was posted in the wrong place, please move it if it is.

• you have no v4l2-part in your config -> no usb grabbed picture can be used from hyperion

// NO V4L2 GRABBER CONFIG

did you connect the rpi and the leds with one ground connection?

you have no v4l2-part in your config - What do you mean by that?? I do know when I try to do a screen cap, it comes in as all black. But theres something on the screen.

Yes I did use only one ground connection, That splits off, one going to the power, and one going to the rpi, and one back to the led.

• Now its doing this... inside the logs. Is it something to do with my grabber?

• Offizieller Beitrag

looks so yes...
    ssh in: Feb 22 00:48:03 AmbientLightRPi2 hyperiond[749]: what(): VIDIOC_S_STD ERROR 25, Inappropriate ioctl for device

did you read the wiki or tutorials? do you use a usbtv007/fushicai usb grabber?
    with "lsusb" in ssh you can see which one you have

• Code
    Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0bda:8176 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8188CUS 802.11n WLAN Adapter
    Bus 001 Device 005: ID 534d:0021
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMSC9512/9514 Fast Ethernet Adapter
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp.
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

I was told it worked... when I bough it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

ssh in: Feb 22 11:17:10 AmbientLightRPi2 systemd[1]: Unit hyperion.service entered failed state.

if hyperiond doesnt run, then you cant run any other command....

just remove the v4l2 grabber part for now, then you can start hyperion and send commands to it

• Same... The colors wont change when I send commands to change it...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!