higher LED density worth it?

• [COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Hello,
    sorry for this if its been answered my googling hasnt found much, maybe is cause im tired or maybe cause i suck.

is there a noticable difference going 144leds/m vs 60?

I'm a newb, i havent done this project yet, but im getting a new TV and have wanted to do ambient lighing for a long time.

from what i gather most older guides/videos recommended 30 leds/m (presumably because 60leds/m was expensive?)
    now most guides say 60 leds/m, is the only reason 144leds/m isnt recommended because of LED cost?

do you think future me would regret not going 144leds/m now?
    is it actually noticeable when used?
    does screensize play a factor in the noticability?
    pros/cons?

the only real criticism ive heard is needing to do more power injections for longer runs and/or needing larger power supplies

if anyone has comparisons of different LED densities used for hyperion being used i'd love to see comparison videos

thanks[/COLOR]

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat

the only real criticism ive heard is needing to do more power injections for longer runs and/or needing larger power supplies

this is a huge problem, wirings are important, psu is important...

but it is more a matter of taste, do you like it when every single pixel is used to show everything, or do you like it smoother...

• As i starded with my ambient-light i was not shure if i use 30 led/m or 60 led/m. I choose the 30 led/m because of the brightness. The 30 led/m i can run at 100% brightness and because of that i can use the whole color space of the leds. In therms of brightness, i think if you TV is not extreme far away from the wall (i think around 5 to 30 cm) the 60 led/m Version is ok.
    If you are struggling between 60 led/m or 144 led/m only because of the resolution, i would recommend the 60 led/m option. Even in my setup, i barely can localize each led and the leds are about 5 cm away from my wall. So the resolution with 30 led/m is already enough!

I have a 55" TV and i use WS2812 LEDs

Have a nice Weekend.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!