How does everyone have their LEDs physically arranged?

• I have a wall-arm-mounted TV so I think it'd be best for me to fix my LEDs to a foam ring sitting a few inches away from the wall. This way the intensity of the lights remain constant whenever I pull the TV outwards or angle it around the room (I'll post photos later). I currently have them temporarily fixed to the back of my TV but will be fixing to a more permanent solution once I workout some more kinks.

My question is does anyone know what the optimum space I should leave between the LEDs and the wall should be?

And if I should have them face the wall perpendicularly or at an angle like 30,45,60?

• My TV is about 17CM (7") from the wall. the led's are in extruded aluminum led casing (corner type at 45 degrees).
    I like it, and no complaints from company when they are enjoying a show =)

• Hey Akriss, thanks for your feedback here as well! Would you happen to have a photo? I'm curious how the aluminum frame fares.
    Back when my ambilight was working, I did some testing with my TV mount collapsed (LEDs ~6in/15cm away) vs my TV mount fully extended (LEDs 30in/75cm away) and didn't notice anything game breaking.

• Ah, I see, your aluminum piece is a proper diffuser. Do you remember how much it was and do you feel it makes a tremendous difference? I'm looking to get a larger 4K tv this november and may opt to do that.

• I bought a box of 10 1m pieces it was about $50 usd from amazon. Had to splice for the top and bottom as 1m wasn't long enough.

IMO the diffuser is so much more eye appealing. The led's all blend together nicely and no hard spot's, Think of a spot light shining on the wall or cascading along the wall.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!