How to delay hyperion service start on libreelec in autostart.sh script?

• Hi,

i want to delay the hyperion service start from the autostart.sh on my libreelec RPI4, because the HDMI signal is lost when the RPI4 boots up and hyperion starts at the same time.

First, i tried to put a sleep command into the autostart.sh file, but the RPI waits until the whole autostart.sh file had a successful run.

So i did following:
    1. i changed my autostart.sh to:

Code
    /storage/.config/hyperion.sh

2. i created a sh in the same directory as the autostart.sh named hyperion.sh and put the start command in it with a sleep command:

Code
    sleep 15
    /storage/hyperion/bin/hyperiond.sh /storage/.config/hyperion.config.json > /storage/logfiles/hyperion.log 2>&1 &

So this does not work. And i have no idea why. In my opinion it should this way:
    The RPI boots up and the autostart calls the hyperion.sh script i wrote. So the autostart.sh scripts comes to an end(and the RPI finishs booting)
    my hyperion.sh script waits 15 seconds (while this 15 seconds the RPI finished booting and has enough resources to start hyperion without cutting the HDMI signal) and then starts the hyperion service.

i think, i am doing something wrong with the hyperion.sh call. It does not start my own script. I also tried chmod 755 on the hyperion.sh script. So what am i missing?`
    This can't be so difficult, there are only really really basic commands...

• Thanks, i also found this Thread but i want to avoid the LE-Addon, because i am happy with the current installation.
    It seems the easiest solution for this topic now and i will move to the LE Addon.

Now, i have enough time because the whole country stands still. I will switch between the HyperionNG and the LE-Addon and find out, which works better for me.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!