1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RPi + Other Software How to update Hyperbian with the latest Hyperion.NG

Discussion in 'Software Support' started by NeeeeB, 25 September 2020.

1. NeeeeB

NeeeeB Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    Hi,
    Everything is in the title.
    Many thanks.
    EDIT: in my case, for a Pi Zero ;-)

Last edited: 28 September 2020
  2. Sparky Lyon

Sparky Lyon New Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2, RPi3, 32/64bit
    I second this request. I installed Hyperbian aplha 7, and am getting notifications on the home page that a newer version is available, but I cant work out how to do this. I can only assume an Alpha8 version of Hyperbian has not yet been complied. Is it better i use Raspbian and install hyperbian.ng that way?
    Edit - using Pi 3 B+

Last edited: 28 September 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. NeeeeB

NeeeeB Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    I'm pretty sure it is a matter of SSH and one command line, but I'm really not versed into Linux at all, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

4. Sparky Lyon

Sparky Lyon New Member

Hardware:
    I'm not either, I've tried apt-get update and apt-get upgrade but this didn't work

5. TPmodding

TPmodding Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2, RPi3, +Arduino, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    Hey, unfortunately we don't have a update-system implemented for now, so it needs the manuall process to install via ssh

do you need help for this?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sparky Lyon

Sparky Lyon New Member

Hardware:
    That would be greatly appreciated. I've searched for ways to update Hyperbian, but I cant find any instructions

7. NeeeeB

NeeeeB Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    Could you elaborate please ?
    Many thanks.

8. mg3point

mg3point New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    ^Following ... it sounded like the flickering on color selection may have been addressed in the latest update, but just need to figure out how to update. @TPmodding anything you can provide would be appreciated, thank you!

9. Awawa

Awawa Active Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi3, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    As Hyperion.NG in the Hyperbian system is not installed as a package (extracted archive exactly, I think it's rather inconvenience, I've changed it anyway and can provide pull request if necessary) the simplest way is to backup the configuration (/home/pi/.hyperion folder I think) and install new release of Hyberbian on the SD card. Removing previous version by a hand is rather difficult task.

10. Sparky Lyon

Sparky Lyon New Member

Hardware:
    Does the latest version allow for updates, or will I have to do the same again? would it be easier to apply future updates if I start again and base hyperion in something like raspbian?

Thanks