How to use Instances?

• Hi there,
    just testing new build 2.0.0-alpha.4 on RPI2 with LE.

I am wondering if instances are still working? If so, how is it working? Can someone explain to me please? My Goal is to have one instance for ambilight and one for hue system.

Thanks for your hard work on this! I love the new webUI!

• Hi, I also came across this today. Using hyperion ng (like OP probably). Instance 1 is working perfectly but I wanna add another instance for my nanoleaf aurora. Got the Auth Key and wanted to configure the second instance in the web GUI, got confused, read the wiki, got even more confused.
    I guess the wiki is talking about the "norma" version of hyperion which is using json files, but the newer version is using sqlite for storing configs.
    It mus twork somehow because people are using it but we need some explanation please :)

• On the left side click Configuration > General. There will be a section called 'LED Hardware Instance Management'. Under 'New Instance Name' type what you want to call the instance then click 'Create Instance'. Then click "Start' for that new instance.

In the top right corner there's an icon with arrows going left and right, click on that and you'll be able to see all your active instances. Click on your new instance. Anything you save from now on will be for your new instance. You can now go to Configuration > LED Hardware and add your new device without effecting your previous instance. To edit your old instance click on the arrows menu again and select it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!