1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RPi + LibreELEC [HowTo] Install Hyperion.ng on LibreELEC x86_64/RPi (inoffiziell/unofficially)

Discussion in 'Software Support' started by Paulchen-Panther, 19 March 2020.

1. Awawa

Awawa Active Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi3, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    @AmbiMod try to install libglvnd0 as that package resolves it (it's already added to the deb installer's script)

2. AmbiMod

AmbiMod Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2, RPi3, 32/64bit, +Arduino, +PhilipsHue, +AtmoOrb, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    I saw this missing dependences on Raspberry pi OS, that the reason i had automatic install of this dependencies in the script, as you can see :

Code:
    Verif_Dependences()
    {
    echo ""
    echo "Installation des dependences si neccessaire."
    if apt list libglvnd0 cec-utils | awk -F "/" '{ $2 = "" ; print $0 }' > list.txt; then
        packages=$(cat list.txt)
        grep -q '[^[:space:]]' < list.txt
        sudo apt-get install -y $packages
        rm list.txt
    fi
    }
    i can install it beacause on LibreELEC, the system is closed as you know and it's impossible to install package easily as other OS.

I don't know how we can do that, i'm not a develloper :)

3. Awawa

Awawa Active Member

Hardware:
    Well, if it closed system that could be hard. That library is needed by QT or turbojpeg while building system for Debian Buster.
    Previous release for Debian Stretch should work. I've deleted old tar's but you could extract old deb with ar command.

4. AmbiMod

AmbiMod Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2, RPi3, 32/64bit, +Arduino, +PhilipsHue, +AtmoOrb, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    Ok i will try. Thanks :thumbsup:

5. Paulchen-Panther

Paulchen-Panther Moderator Staff Member Developer

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi3, 32/64bit, +Arduino, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    If Hyperion is built under Buster, the following dependencies are not necessary for LibreELEC and throw the error with the library libGLdispatch.so.0:
    Code:
    libEGL.so.1, libEGL.so.1.1.0, libGLESv2.so.2, libGLESv2.so.2.1.0
    The problem is solved by deleting these libraries under "hyperion/lib"

• Like Like x 2
  6. AmbiMod

AmbiMod Member

Hardware:
    @Awawa made a new release with this missing library but thank you for the clarification.

I want to ask you a question @Paulchen-Panther

When can we will expect USB capture on Windows release ? Or maybe it’s not on the planning ? Or not possible ?

Thanks

7. Paulchen-Panther

Hardware:
    If anyone (possibly myself) decides to start implementing for Windows. :rolleyes:

All functions under Linux and Windows should already work

No

• Like Like x 1
  8. Awawa

Awawa Active Member

Hardware:
    Thanks for the hint. The problem it's not limited to LibreElec. The package build on Debian Buster and installed on clean default system Raspbian Buster throws that missing libGLdispatch.so if libglvnd0 is not installed. In my case at least. I've included libGLdispatch.so as it depends only on libc.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rene Zuch

Rene Zuch New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, +PhilipsHue
    any news?

Regards
    René

10. Paulchen-Panther

Hardware:
    Unfortunately not. The cable arrived but I didn't have time to look for the problem. I will contact you when I find the problem.

11. NeeeeB

NeeeeB Active Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, +Arduino, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    Would you mind sharing your config for your "blue" signal detection ?
    I hve one of these "rainbow test signal converter" and I'd like to point to the blue bar for signal detection.
    Currently I have set up signal detection to the black bar but whenever there is a really dark scene in TV or movie in the rightest part, Leds switch off...
    I'd like to avoid this as much as possible so maybe detecting blue instead of black would cause less problems...
    I understand how Vmin-Vmax-Hmin and Hmax values work, but thresholds are still a mystery to me.
    I've opened a thread about this but no one is giving me a hint...
    Many thanks.

12. Rene Zuch

Rene Zuch New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, +PhilipsHue
    For a blue screen I use these threshold values:

Red: 30
    Green: 30
    Blue: 100

Could you explain how Vmin-Vmax-Hmin and Hmax values work? I´m only guessing.

René

• Like Like x 1
  13. NeeeeB

NeeeeB Active Member

Hardware:
    Sure, I've made up a little picture because it will be easier to understand.
    upload_2020-10-21_16-16-14.png
    Let's say the blue rectangle is your screen, with the default Vmin/Vmax/Hmin/Hmax values, this is what the signal detection area will look like.
    I hope it is clear enough ;-)

Thanks for the threshold values, will try that as soon as I'm back home.
    Regards.

Attached Files:

14. Rene Zuch

Rene Zuch New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, +PhilipsHue
    Thanks. That was my giess already. Keep in mind that Signal detection is not working correctly in alpha8. I went back to alpha 6.

Rene

15. NeeeeB

NeeeeB Active Member

Hardware:
    I'm using HyperHDR, the Hyperbian fork from @Awawa , based on Alpha8 + latest commits, and signal detection works ok with it ;-)

16. BuzzBazz

BuzzBazz New Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero
    Quick question#
    When running option C, I get this in return:
    Code:
    LibreELEC:~ # wget -qO- https://git.io/JU4Zx | bash -s Hyperion-2.0.0-alpha.8-Linux-armv6l.tar.gz
    *******************************************************************************
    This script will install Hyperion.NG on LibreELEC
    Created by brindosch and modified by Paulchen-Panther (thanks to horschte from kodinerds)
    hyperion-project.org - the official Hyperion source
    ---> Downloading latest release: https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion.ng/releases/download/Hyperion-2.0.0-alpha.8-Linux-armv6l.tar.gz/Hyperion-Hyperion-2.0.0-alpha.8-Linux-armv6l.tar.gz-Linux-armv7l.tar.gz
    ######################################################################## 100.0%tar: invalid magic
    tar: short read
    tar: share/hyperion: not found in archive

chmod: /storage/hyperion/bin: No such file or directory
    ---> Installing systemd script
    Hyperion.NG installation finished!

I tried to run option A at first, but noticed that it would load armv7l on a RPi0W, so I tried to force it with option C, but it looks like it still tries to load a armv7l.

Looking at the git.io page I can't find RPi0/W added, just RPi1 and then all the other RPi's. (minus the Zero/W)
    Code:
    #Check which RPi we are one (in case)
    RPI_1=`grep -m1 -c 'BCM2708' /proc/cpuinfo`
    RPI_2_3_4=`grep -m1 -c 'BCM2709\|BCM2710\|BCM2835\|BCM2836\|BCM2837\|BCM2711' /proc/cpuinfo`
    Intel=`grep -m1 -c 'Intel' /proc/cpuinfo`
    AMD=`grep -m1 -c 'AMD' /proc/cpuinfo`

17. Paulchen-Panther

Hardware:
    @BuzzBazz
    Did you download the file "Hyperion-2.0.0-alpha.8-Linux-armv6l.tar.gz" before? Did you also run the script in the same directory?

• Like Like x 1
  18. BuzzBazz

BuzzBazz New Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero
    No, But I will now :)
    I don't know why I didn't try already, just super tired. (been at this for close to 2 months with no progress)

19. Paulchen-Panther

Hardware:
    • Like Like x 1
  20. BuzzBazz

BuzzBazz New Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero
    Yes master ;)