Hyerion doesnt grab video anymore with new hyperion.config.json

• My previous hyperion.config.json still works when i upload it, but my newly generated file from hypercon doesnt grab the video. I checked the settings and there almost simulair. Can somebody please help me with this one? I just cant get it to work with a newer hyperion.config.json. Colour and effect does work in both files btw, so hardware configuration is correct. It just video playback it doesnt send, it looks like it does send signals to the light, but then blacked.

old code, works:

it shows in the terminal that INFO boblight server starts etc...

new code from hypercon, doesnt grab

• Second thing:
    Also the start/stop button in hypercon doesnt fuction, neither the install/update/remove, proberly cause it need sudo. The WIKI says there is no need for sudo, but it only works in terminal when i put sudo in front of it.

i put the code

Code
    sudo systemctl start hyperion.service 2>/dev/null ; sudo /etc/init.d/hyperion start 2>/dev/null ; sudo /sbin/initctl start hyperion 2>/dev/null

into ssh terminal it does start.

The send config works fine, it will update the config in /etc/hyperion/

• Offizieller Beitrag

How are you sending it commands (boblight / x11 / kodi etc..)?

If it''s the boblight interface the only difference I see at first glance is the added priority so could try without:

Before:

Code
    // BOBLIGHT SERVER CONFIG
        "boblightServer" :
        {
            "port" : 19333,
            "priority" : 900
        },

After:

Code
    // BOBLIGHT SERVER CONFIG
        "boblightServer" :
        {
            "port" : 19333
        },

• Heej Rick,
    Im putting back an old image a.t.m. then ill retry, if i remember correctly i already tried to remove the prio and it didnt work then, but ill double check and repost after testing

Im using a simple core2duo machine with kodibuntu installed on it, kodi V16.1. then WS2801 connected to the arduino nano, which is connected by usb to the htpc core2machine. My old config works just fine, but i wanted a new config cause of the new hypercon, so in future its easier to update the settings. (dont own the old dat file from current working config).

btw, is hyperion dev also Dutch?

• after removing the priority setting in framegrabber

removing a setting means "default value" is used. When you look here:
    https://github.com/hyperion-pr…eriond/hyperiond.cpp#L284
    you will see the default prio value is "900". If other input sources (grabber, effect, color, network servers(e.g.boblight)) on that prio or a prio value lower that value you won't get problems seeing the framgrabber at 900.

I compared your output. If you remove the "forwarder" settings, the messages on terminal are the same between your old and new config version.

There is one difference. in output of "new" it is written "PROTOSERVER INFO: New connection". You must have started some external programm to send data to hyperion (perhaps hyperion-x11? because this is the only proto sender that makes sense on x86 machines). To be clear, this messages means, that something connect to hyperion over network!

To prevent question regarding hypercon - I never used it, I always install and configure hyperion manually ... so I'm not able to answer questions about that

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!