HyperCon - Select config to start with

• Hi everybody,

last night I set up a new OpenElec image with hyperion and I am impressed with the new features HyperCon has to offer. One thing kinda bothered me though.
    I am using philips hue and a lpd8806 strip. So in order to differentiate I name my configs: "hyperion.config_lpd8806.json" and "hyperion.config_philipshue.json".
    I like the feature to remotely start and stop hyperion through HyperCon without using the terminal. However, HyperCon only starts the autostart.sh script, which starts hyperion with the standard hyperion.config.json

I would be nice if HyperCon scans the available configs in the config directory of OpenElec and asks which config should be used to start hyperion with.

For that matter, maybe a dedicated syntax for naming multiple configs should be introduced.
    Suggestions: "hyperion.config.device.json" or like I use to do it "hyperion.config_device.json"

Cheers,
    Doc.Ex

• Greetings,
    a first step is already at the beta, you just need to append all configs(with path) to the current hyperion line
    Stable: You should be able to just add a second line with your other config below the current to get a auto-start of 2 hyperions

But you are not able to stop/start separately.

You whish a single start/stop to reach? Color calibration is currently (at least) not that great for a second hyperion.

My long term wish to start multiple hyperions: add all config names to the "main_ambilight".json

• My procedure so far is to configure them separately and once I am satisfied with the outcome I write a little bash script that starts hyperion with the configs. This script is then executed by Kodi when I press a button on my remote. That enables me to integrate it into activities on my Harmony remote hub.

But in order to test and launch these separate configs, I set them up and copy them over using HyperCon, but then need to ssh into the Pi using the terminal and launch them manually. HyperCon enables me to start and stop hyperion, but it always starts with the default config. My wish would be to be able to tell HyperCon which config it should use to start Hyperion with. That way I wouldn't need to use the terminal.

Also maybe a Wiki post with example bash commands for Hyperion would be useful.
    E.g. How to make a: Screenshot with v4l2, start hyperiond with x config, launch effect, set color, etc. I think there was something like that in the old wiki on github. I have not found something like that in the new wiki. Might be good for people that aren't that familiar with bash commands

• yes the old wiki contained something like this, but it was not updated for a long time and needs a rework.
    Under the new advantages of the hyperion forwarder there are some "use issues" which HyperCon is not prepared for yet.
    We will see how to merge all this to one easy solution.

• Alright, I am curious about how this will come together. I love how the development of hyperion started to boost up again. If we continue this way, it will be the best opensource all in one ambilight software there is. If it isnt already :P
    I will try to give constructional feedback and suggestions on certain topics. Can't really do much more than that, since I am no programmer and my capabilities are limited to simple bash scripts :D But I am a suitable tester and Lead-User I guess :P

Cheers for all your efforts!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!