Hypercon to Hyperion.NG

• Hello,

tried to upgrade from hypercon to Hyperion.ng (2 alpha 8) von my rpi3b+. Installation went fine (removed Hypercon, installed NG from deb (armv7)).

Importing config doesnt works: So I needed to reconfigure it again through the Webinterface.

Dunno why but the leds are now off and I cant figure out how to turn them on.

old config from hypercon:

an the new config in Hypercon.NG:

whats wrong/ missing?

Edit: Software works fine (preview of the leds with live video is correct). Problem is only the part which controls the strip

Edit 2: Hyperion was not running as root --> https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion.ng/issues/641

new issue is the brightness. The Stripe "overloads" if the brightness is to high. At the old hypercon i could just lower the "white value" but in the new Hyperion, this settings seems to be ignored

• you can adjust the white "gamma" settings, it will affect all colors and the white, you also can adjust brighteness level, default its on 100 but will affect all colors

• Okay waited for next update (alpha 9) because i gave up after hours debugging. No change in this update

Leds just blinking randomly (tried every combination: RGB byte order, invert, rgbw) nothing works.
    Hardware Led count doenst seem to do anything.
    (i had an similar result with hypercon fixed it by lowering the complete brightness to around 150) the gamma or brightnes settings doesnt seem to help.

The only difference that could matter is the frequency (800khz). Without this config it doesnt worked in hypercon but I dont see any option to input this option into Hyperion-NG.

Im kinda lost and dunno what to do :(

the current hyperion ng config (hypercon config didnt change since last post):

Thanks for taking time

• where's the Json from your NG build? did you still have your default Json saved before you imported your old one from Hypercon?

Just installed NG through the installer. (over the existing hypercon-hyperion) So it imported the config. (it seems right) but when i export the configuration its missing the 800khz frequency part. Dunno if this matters.

importing the hypercon config afterwards in the web ui is not possbile ("The selected configuration file "hyperion.config.json" can't be imported. It's not compatible with Hyperion 2.0 and higher!")

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!