Hyperion and BT.2020/HDR content

• Hiya,

so I got Hyperion running on an RPi3 with OSMC following the great tutorial which has worked perfectly for quite some time. The only minor drawback was the RPi3’s limitation to FullHD content. So a few weeks ago, I got myself a Vero 4K (also runnning OSMC, of course) to feed some nice UHD HDR content to my LG B6. Works great as well.

As the Vero 4K doesn’t offer the RPi3’s SPI pins and the RPi3 is already connected to everything – which wasn’t easy for me to set up –, I thought why not have the Vero analyse the played content, have this information sent to the RPi3 via network and then let the RPi3 control the LEDs according to this? No problem thanks to hissingshark’s GitHub installer: https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/osmc-and-hyperion/23293/252

Everything’s working fine now. If you want, you can have a look at both Hyperion configs, but they’re pretty standard with few changes.

Vero 4K

RPi3

The only thing missing is Hyperion working with HDR content. It just produces mostly green and pink colour that hardly ever changes. Is this working as intended? Can Hyperion handle 4:2:0 10 bit content in BT.2020 BT.2100 colour? Strangely, any threads or posts I found with the forum’s search only cover people using external grabber boxes.

Do I need to compile Hyperion from scratch on the Vero for this? Any input is deeply appreciated.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!