1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hyperion control addons (On/Off/Toggle) for Kodi

Discussion in 'Hyperion Extensions' started by cmvac, 4 November 2016.

1. cmvac

cmvac New Member

Hardware:
    RPi2, 32/64bit, Wetek
    I've made three addons for controlling Hyperion through Kodi. They are called: Hyperion On, Hyperion Off and Hyperion Toggle. The names are self-explainatory.;)

The Toggle version changes the Ambilight source from Kodi into HDMI/AV and back again. For that, you will need two different configuration files.

One needs to be named "hyperion.config.json" and the other, "hyperion.config1.json". On the first one, leave the grabber on:
    "grabber-v4l2" :
    {
    "device" : "/dev/video0",
    "input" : 0,
    "standard" : "PAL",
    "width" : 300,
    "height" : 200,
    "frameDecimation" : 2,
    "sizeDecimation" : 8,
    "priority" : 1100,
    "mode" : "2D",
    "cropLeft" : 10,
    "cropRight" : 8,
    "cropTop" : 30,
    "cropBottom" : 10,
    "redSignalThreshold" : 0.2,
    "greenSignalThreshold" : 0.1,
    "blueSignalThreshold" : 0.1
    },

The second one, leave it off:

/// "grabber-v4l2" :
    /// {
    /// "device" : "/dev/video0",
    /// "input" : 0,
    /// "standard" : "PAL",
    /// "width" : 300,
    /// "height" : 200,
    /// "frameDecimation" : 2,
    /// "sizeDecimation" : 8,
    /// "priority" : 1100,
    /// "mode" : "2D",
    /// "cropLeft" : 10,
    /// "cropRight" : 8,
    /// "cropTop" : 30,
    /// "cropBottom" : 10,
    /// "redSignalThreshold" : 0.2,
    /// "greenSignalThreshold" : 0.1,
    /// "blueSignalThreshold" : 0.1
    /// },

I've done them as Video addons, and not Program addons, because many users tend to hide or not even go to Program Addons.

The code is very simple, and I would be very happy to have some help coding them into one single addon, since I don't have much time and my Python knowledge is still at a beginner's level.

I've been using them for a while now and so far no complaints, so I decided to share with the Hyperion community. Be gentle! XD

They are available on my repo, under video addons: https://github.com/cmvac/demagorgon...on.repository/demagorgon.repository-0.0.2.zip

2. cmvac

cmvac New Member

Hardware:
    RPi2, 32/64bit, Wetek
    Forgot to mention that it was made for the Raspberry Pi with OpenELEC/LibreELEC installed. I haven't tested it on other systems yet, but I guess the code would have to be changed for that.

• Thank you Thank you x 1
  3. cmvac

cmvac New Member

Hardware:
    RPi2, 32/64bit, Wetek
    I have updated the add-ons and made a set of three new add-ons. They are made to work either in LibreELEC/OpenELEC or in Raspbian-based systems. They are all available on the same repo above, versions 1.2 for Libre/OpenELEC versions, and 1.2.1 for others.

I am also open for any help in turning these six addons into one, as well as adding effects and color pick. I think it is one of the things the end user would really appreciate.