Hyperion hangs up after few days

• Hey everyone.

Hyperion was such a great project I love it! But I have some trouble with it.
    It runs on a Raspberry Pi 3 with Raspbian Stretch. After a few days the Hyperion service isn't reachable. The Pi is still up. I use the external video grabber "LogiLink Audio und Video Grabber USB 2.0".

A status of Hyperion with "sudo service hyperion status" outputs this:

I already had installed hyperion on openelec but also here the same problem. I don't know wheres the problem ...
    I configured Hyperion with Hypercon.
    Hopefully someone can help me.

hyperion.config.json:
    [MEDIA=pastebin]mQj9ZAkq[/MEDIA]

• Well it restart with "sudo service hyperion restart" ?

I'm not positive this will help, you could try to add "RestartSec=15" to the startup file "/etc/systemd/system/hyperion.service".
    The default restart time is 5 sec, this add 10 sec to the restart time.

This line in the log hints that it may help

Jan 18 14:24:14 raspberrypi systemd[1]: hyperion.service: Start request repeated too quickly.

• So, it worked for a few days now. Today it stopped. Thats the log:

What can I do?!

• I would like to push the last query. I had a working system (WS2801 stripe, RPI 1) for months, including a working (+calibrated) hyperion config.
    After watching this year's Eurovision Song Contest (with my parents in law..) I turned off the system (made pi powerless) for the first time in a while.
    Since then the system has not been working. I get the same error logs as user breaked. LEDs are all shining in blue but no rainbow swirl and/or no colors adjustable. I re-installed osmc numerous times (each time following Brindoschs Tutorials), I double-checked the wiring (multimeter indicates sufficient potential between GRND and 5V). I can even grab an image from my grabber, I'm just not able to transfer the signal to the stripe.
    I used another pi, same results.
    I tried manually adding the dtparam=spi=on to config.txt , only to find that it was already there. I also tried to use the appropriate settings from within OSMC. No luck.

Has anybody got more ideas or can tell me what other logs to paste here that might be helpful?
    Cheers.

• There you go.

• and another log from today. I added the solution-attempt from https://hyperion-project.org/t…perion-not-starting.2719/ to my config and got the log afterwards.

Needless to say: I didn't see any swirl.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!