Hyperion installed yet does not control the Leds

• Hi,

I have installed Hyperion successfully on my RPI running raspbian. I have sent the config.json file successfully. The hyperiond process is running. I connect via SSH and try to check the communication between the RPI and the Led stripe. I send change led color command (Set Led Color) via the color wheel in hypercon but nothing happens.

Log shows following:

ssh in: version : V1.03.3 (brindosch-2fbbcff/2f01dfa-1495880388
    ssh in: build time: Jun 3 2017 02:06:16
    ssh in: Connected to localhost:19444
    ssh in: Set color to 60 76 255
    ssh out: hyperion-remote --clearall
    ssh in: hyperion-remote:
    ssh in: Clear all priority channels
    ssh out: hyperion-remote -c 74ff6e
    ssh in: hyperion-remote:
    ssh in: Set color to 116 255 110

The Data in wire from the LED strip is connected to GPIO pin 19 and the Clock in wire from the LED Strip is connected to GPIO pin 23.

Whats the issue here?

Any help would be appriciated.

Cheers

• Hyperion config as in the json file? If yes then i have uploaded it to DB here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x62y…hyperion.config.json?dl=0

Or simply just type in here what settings i have changed in the Hypercon setup? If its the latter then i have only setup the number of my leds, direction and LED strip type basically. Also i have setup the SSH tab with the appropriate connection details to my Pi which connects fine.

Zitat

Does /dev/spidev0.0 exist on the Pi ?

Yes its there.

• Have you sorted out the wiring?

Do you see the boot effects lights on start-up of Hyperion?

Have you tested the led's with another application to make sure your wiring and led's are ok?

( a very good test application I found here https://github.com/tinue/APA102_Pi )

The test application does require to install a few other packages, However the instructions are very easy to follow.

• Have not had a chance to further look into the wiring yet. Waiting for the level shifter to arrive and i also managed to fry the Pi Zero while tinkering around and now am waiting for the replacement. Hopefully next week i can try these out again.

Thx for the APA102 test package. Will deffinately try it out next week as well.

• So i just wanted to give a quick update. Yesterrday i redid my setup with integrating the suggested level shifter and also redoing some of the wiring and also adding a second 5V line to the mid point of the led strip to ensure a more smoothed out voltage across the whole led.

It seems that everything is working now altough i think i still need to maybe tweak some settings maybe here or there. But overall i think the main problems are solved now.

So thanks again everyone for the suggestions.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!