Hyperion - Issues with Wireless setup with ESP32, Random LED Flicker

• Need some help guys, so I have the following setup:
    splitter -> hdmi2av -> grabber -> raspberry pi zero W (running Hyperion) ==wireless==> esp32 -> WS2812B LED (134)

Issue: The first section of LEDs (around 24) have random flickering. Usually green but randomly one or two flicker. I tested with a leftover strip I had and same issue. I re-soldered the whole thing and same issue. I even removed the first section and connected directly to second section and occurs in second section too, but limited to first 30 LEDs. So I am thinking its something to do with the esp32 or power supply. I used the powersupply before with my Arduino Nano and has zero issues.

General question: Are the APA102C LED worth it from the WS2812B? I have a second setup coming up so would like to know if its worth getting those instead.

• The first section of LEDs (around 24) have random flickering. Usually green but randomly one or two flicker.

Useing SciLor's code? If so try un-commenting the line "//#define FASTLED_ALLOW_INTERRUPTS 0 //Comment in if clockless stripe (ex. WS2812B) is flickering"

Are the APA102C LED worth it

YES! :)
    I found the APA102's easier to calibrate/control. Color representation is Spot on compared to other strips.
    Now with that said, everyone's eyes are different. I have one friend that tells me tv led (w/apa102) lights are a couple of shades off from true. :confused: I don't see it.

Hope it's of help.

• Useing SciLor's code? If so try un-commenting the line "//#define FASTLED_ALLOW_INTERRUPTS 0 //Comment in if clockless stripe (ex. WS2812B) is flickering"

Yeah I had it uncommented already. Its weird, its just a random flicker with a random LED in first 20-30 LED section. I ordered a ESP8266 to test with since I didn't experience with my arduino. Either way, was going to built a second set so having an extra board is okay.

YES! :)
    I found the APA102's easier to calibrate/control. Color representation is Spot on compared to other strips.
    Now with that said, everyone's eyes are different. I have one friend that tells me tv led (w/apa102) lights are a couple of shades off from true. :confused: I don't see it.

Hope it's of help.

Yeah going to try the APA102 for my second setup. The increase PWM frequency and dedicated clock seems to work well for people for use without an arduino specific board.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!