Hyperion Requires Restart

• This is an issue I've had since I installed my 1st system over a year ago.. and a continuation of a thread over on Github that has never been fully answered or resolved.. I was hoping that this issues would have been resolved by this point, but it still seems to exist for me...

This is the original thread:

https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion/issues/211

...Basically, hyperion fails to start correctly when being loaded through autostart.sh.. It does work, but there is a greenish flicker throughout the entire string of LED's... If I SSH in, kill hyperion and start it with exactly the same start command that's in my autostart.sh, it fires up and works just fine until the next time I reboot...

Anyone know what's causing this? Or better yet, how to fix it? It's not a hardware problem as far as I can tell, especially since a manual start fixes the problem 100% of the time. It happens on all 3 of my Pi's. All 3 have different numbers of LED's

Openelec 6
    RPi B+
    WS2812b LEDs
    20A Power Supply
    Latest Hyperion

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

• I can do that

Specifically the issue is that I must manually kill/restart hyperion after every reboot of my pi(s) in order to get the system working properly. I should have also mentioned that I am using a STK1160 based USB capture dongle on all of these systems...

• wow... really?

I've been fighting openelec for a year and the issues it had... have never been able to get my pi2 working with it...

and in less than 10 mins, installed and working on OSMC with reboots allowing hyperion to run 1st time without having to stop and restart it...

I am both disgusted and incredibly pleased...

thanks Brindosch!

• Glad that this helped, i am not sure if you are able to update to a newer OSMC version, cause there are "sometimes" issue with PWM output.
    In case you may test the new pwm to SPI method from penfold or move to a arduino in between.

• lol... REALLY don't want to add another piece of equipment into the mix... but I have one if needed... the only thing I need to resolve now is having to have an HDMI connection to the pi when it boots..

the other amazing thing about this is that the grabber screenshot is SO much better and clearer than when using openelec...

• Hey There,

I found this thread after I was searching for a solution for days!

I still have the problem (Exactly as cbabbman explained)

With one small difference: It is on OSMC! :(

I have the same green-randomly-flickering LEDs until I kill and restart it via sudo systemctl start hyperion

I'm still investigating this problem, but have no solution yet..

One more thing I could try is,
    adding the hyperion autostart command to rc.local and not start it as a service or just killing and restarting it with rc.local.

I can also start a new thread as this is already "solved". Please let me know if necessary..

PS: If anyone has a clue, what to do.. :(
    Pleeeease help

cheers

• Sorry I was in a hurry but too enthusiastic finding out whats going on..

Here is my detailed Setup:

- RPi 3 (OSMC November 2016)
    - WS2801 Strip (~3m) powered from the beginning only. (Grounded together with RPi)
    - 10A Power Supply (For RPi and LEDs)
    - STK1160 Grabber
    - HDMI->AV Converter (currently needs to be powered over RPi's USB, otherwise I get a very dark and bad Image on the grabber.

The Problem is with the Grabber only. (Fix colors are okay, also the Screen capturing works well.)
    Everytime Hyperion boots for the first time, the Grabber only shows a snowy, flickering Image (which is green on the lower half)
    Thats why the LED's flicker in greenish light until I restart Hyperion.. After that restart everything is fine.

Is there any Setting for the Grabber which could make it start stable at first launch?
    Could the USB-Power to the HDMI->AV Converter drag the Grabbers power down?

EDIT: (Grabber and HDMI->AV Power are on different stacks, so every stack should give full power to the devices, anyway I'm just mentioning it for the completeness wegen..) ^^

Did I miss something? For sure everything is soldered / connected perfectly, and my Colors and Image quality seems to be fine (after its restarted)

Thanks for any hint.. :)

PS: Extra Thread or not? (I guess I found a few more people struggling on this.)
    So if its possible, you could consider this thread to be opened again.

cheers,
    Varco

EDIT: Started a new thread for this issue: Permalink

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!