Hyperion service active but light doesn't change

• Hi there

Been messing around with hyperion and boblight, I've had boblight working on a windows machine + kodi but my HTPC has Kodibuntu running on it so thats what ill change to in the future..
    But anyways right now I got a Raspberry Pi 3 with OSMC and I'm trying to get Hyperion running on it but I can't seem to get it to work fully :( I have tried tons of different hyperion configs and also a lot of sketches for my Arduino nano. The LED is 5 meter WS2812B so that's 300 LEDS.

So far it seems the service is up and running on the RPI3 because when I use the following command "sudo service hyperion status" over ssh I get this message back:

My current hyperion.config.json (I have tried a lot of different settings)

My Hyperion log, haven't figured out what the "/home/sascha/hyperion/dependencies/build/serial/src/impl/unix.cc, line 100.)" means:

It keeps spamming this till I turn off the Raspberry.

And I might as well post my Arduino sketch while I'm at it (got it from HERE:(

Thanks in advance :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

https://hyperion-project.org/wiki/3-Wire-PWM

read there, there is a method to use the ws2812b WITHOUT an arduino

edit:

ssh in: Dec 12 18:26:58 osmc hyperiond[294]: "colorOrder" : "rgb",
    ssh in: Dec 12 18:26:58 osmc hyperiond[294]: "delayAfterConnect" : 0,
    ssh in: Dec 12 18:26:58 osmc hyperiond[294]: "name" : "MyHyperionConfig",
    ssh in: Dec 12 18:26:58 osmc hyperiond[294]: "output" : "/dev/ttyS0",
    ssh in: Dec 12 18:26:58 osmc hyperiond[294]: "rate" : 115200,
    ssh in: Dec 12 18:26:58 osmc hyperiond[294]: "type" : "adalight"
    ssh in: Dec 12 18:26:58 osmc hyperiond[294]: }

but in your config is

{
    "name" : "MyHyperionConfig",
    "type" : "adalight",
    "output" : "/dev/ttyAMA0",
    "rate" : 115200,
    "delayAfterConnect" : 0,
    "colorOrder" : "rgb"
    },

i think you have the wrong config...can you check with ssh?

• Thanks for the quick reply :)

The PWM wouldn't work with other things than raspberry pi right? Cause my main htpc is a mini-itx i3 :)

I'm pretty sure the output was ttyAMA0 last time i checked. Could you please give me the command to check it just so that i'm sure its the right command :) I will check it later today.

Thanks

• should
    /etc/hyperion/hyperion.config.json

Code
    {
            "name"       : "MyHyperionConfig",
            "type"       : "adalight",
            "output"     : "/dev/ttyAMA0",
            "rate"     : 115200,
            "delayAfterConnect"     : 0,
            "colorOrder" : "rgb"
        },

Is what I got from /etc/hyperion/hyperion.config.json so it seems it is the correct config file

• and
    /dev/ttyAMA0 is correct?

could you connect via putty and post the output from the command: "ls /dev" thanks :)

I'm not sure :( haven't been able to found out what to look for when selecting that one.

• ok, and now when you unplug the arduino from your device and do the same you can comare the output, could you do this and post the output again

So now i bet you are gonna say it should say ttyUSB0 right? :) Testing it

• Got it working with boblight on openelec but the delay is quite massive so would love to get Hyperion working as I've heard the delay is a lot smaller on Hyperion ;)

edit: Question: Which Kodi system and version is the easiest to get Hyperion running on? I've tried with OSMC, Openelec and libreelec with no luck.

The sketch I'm using with boblight (notice I am able to use a baudrate of 500000 and I've cut down on the LED count since I'm only gonna be using around 247 once I attach the LED's to the TV :) )

The boblight config I got it working with atm

• So with a lot of help from TPmodding I finally got it working :) here's the sketch and config that works (haven't optimized it yet but it works!)

Sketch:

config:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!