hyperion service booted correctly but did not restart

• Hi guys - I’m running OSMC march on a RPi3, with a USB Lightberry kit + Hyperion to control the LEDs. Here's my config file.
    I've found a fix for my problem (after cross-posting to the OSMC support forum) but I wanted to understand what was happening.

The hyperion service was booting correctly, and the lights worked perfectly - I could stop the service (either through the command line or using Hypercon on my PC.)

However, re-starting the service didn't work at all (either through the command line or Hypercon). I was using the same commands that Hypercon sends through SSH, i.e:

sudo systemctl start hyperion.service && sudo /sbin/initctl start hyperion

It seems that hyperion crashed at the following step, every time:

• hyperion.service - Hyperion Systemd service
      Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/hyperion.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
      Active: active (running) since Tue 2018-03-20 19:26:18 CET; 4s ago
      Main PID: 6246 (hyperiond)
      CGroup: /system.slice/hyperion.service
      `-6246 /usr/bin/hyperiond /etc/hyperion/hyperion.config.json
      Mar 20 17:37:39 osmc2 hyperiond[2028]: INFO: Boot sequence ‘Rainbow swirl fast’ EFFECTENGINE INFO: run effect Rain
      Mar 20 17:37:39 osmc2 hyperiond[2028]: BLACKBORDER INFO: threshold set to 0 (0)
      Mar 20 17:37:39 osmc2 hyperiond[2028]: BLACKBORDER INFO: mode:default
      Mar 20 17:37:39 osmc2 hyperiond[2028]: started
      Mar 20 17:37:39 osmc2 hyperiond[2028]: INFO: Json server created and started on port 19444
      Mar 20 17:37:39 osmc2 hyperiond[2028]: INFO: Proto server created and started on port 19445
      Mar 20 17:37:39 osmc2 hyperiond[2028]: DISPMANXGRABBER INFO: Display opened with resolution: 1920x1080
      Mar 20 17:37:39 osmc2 hyperiond[2028]: BLACKBORDER INFO: threshold set to 0 (0)
      Mar 20 17:37:39 osmc2 hyperiond[2028]: BLACKBORDER INFO: mode:default
      Mar 20 17:37:39 osmc2 hyperiond[2028]: _INFO: Frame grabber created and started

After trying out another user's config file, I noticed they had a non zero threshold for black border detection (mine was set at 0, even though the detector was enabled.)

[INDENT]// BLACKBORDER CONFIG[/INDENT]
    “blackborderdetector” :
    {
    “enable” : true,
    "threshold" : 0.05,

Everything is working normally after I changed the threshold to 0.05.

I reinstalled Hyperion several times using the official script through Hypercon, and was using the settings provided by lightberry - could the issue be how the service was running under OSMC on boot? Assuming this was indeed the cause of the crash, how come this wasn't happening at boot as well?

Thanks!

• Actually, the problem persists. I'm able to stop/restart the service a few times right after boot, but after a few minutes, the service doesn't restart anymore without rebooting the system.
    Any ideas?

Edit: I've narrowed it down further. This behavior (service not restarting) only happens if I stop the service - Turn my TV off, then back on, then restart the service.
    An expected behavior if I boot my Pi, turn the service and TV off while no one is watching, then turn them back on.

Is the lack of HDMI signal breaking something in the service?

Thanks!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!