Hyperion Wakeup Light

• Hey there,

I wanted to show you my small extension that turns Hyperion into a wakeup light.

Basically the idea is that you connect your mobile phone to the Raspberry Pi (or whatever available), set an alarm for the next morning and go to sleep. When the alarm on the phone fires, it will play a sound (which you cannot hear since the phone has a "speaker" connected) that is detected by the software. The software will then start to increase the brightness level of Hyperion every 2 seconds to simulate a sunrise.
    Additionally IFTTT can be triggered. As soon as you unplug the phone, Hyperion will be turned off again.

The software is absolutely pre-alpha, I just started yesterday but it seems to be working :)

Of course there are limitations and I have lot's of ideas for more features like effects, custom colors, ...

A limitation is that you need a sound card with a line in port (not available on Raspberry by default) but I'm working on using my STK1160 that is already connected anyway. Currently I have a 5€ USB sound card connected that has been lying around.

Just wanted to know if there is already a similar solution available or if you are interested in more details so I can keep you posted in the progress I'm making!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!