hyperion with client kodi on openelec box (wetek play)

• Hi, did someone get hyperion on a rpi work with a client which is a openelec box (wetek box) ?
    I used the boblightd and plugin in kodi. I get a colorfull light after a movie starts, but then it stucks.

If nobody has an idea, I will send logs.
    thanks

• I found out, that I can install hyperion on wetek play by the install script. that should use now amvideocap0, I hope, and than I can forward jason and protocol to my RPi.
    But still only the framegrabber works, done by the hyperion kodi plugin. Video grabbing is not working. Do I need the hyperion plugin? Is the plugin using the wrong /dev/grabber? Or is hyperiond always looking on /dev/amvideocap0 and I don't need any kodi plugin?

• No, could you explain how that works?
    I having the RPi as LED connector and who does the wetek play send the info to the Pi?
    By addon? is a hyperiond running? The documentations are really rare in explinations.
    thanks

• I tested again the wetek play with the amlgrabber option. But I have to remove the framegrabber part. with both it doesn't work.
    With only the amlgrabber part it works, but only when a movies plays. not in the menu.

Code
    "amlgrabber": {
                    "width" : 64,
                    "height" : 64,
                    "frequency_Hz" : 10.0
            },

With that and the auto installer on the wetek play and a forward to the Rpi it seems to work.
    Now I want to try to get the addon Hyperion to send menu light to the RPi directly and the local hyperion on the wetek for the movie lights.

• sure.
    in the config file add
    change die IP to the on of your RPi

Zitat

"forwarder" :
    {
    "proto" : ["192.168.2.62:19445"],
    "json" : ["192.168.2.62:19444"]
    },

or create the config over hypercon version 1.02.3 under "Extern" Proto/Jason Forwarder" type the IP adresses of your pi.

• not directly
    in the config add manual:

you have to comment the framegrabber part. that conflicts with the amlgrabber.

• Ok will give this a go, was sure this was the way i have it set up. One last the is hyperion add-on required on the wetek also or is everything controlled by hyperion being installed on the wetek, then just forwarded to the pi correct

• that are questions I had also ;)
    No, you don't need the addon. That will conflict aswell, because they all use the framegrabber and overrides the amlgrabber.
    Only the hyperion on the wetek play, installed over the autoinstaller-script.
    the wetek play hyperion grabs the images and calcs the data, sends it then over the forwarder to´the pi and that does the part to the leds.
    That all works also with the lightberry converter, I was told.

• no clue why this isnt working? here is a log,

I also get this

• Hi pigbait,
    this is my config on the wetek play. Modify it for your config

• Hi pigbait,

Did you manage to get this working? Planning on building an Ambilight using Hyperion. I have a Pi but use Wetek Play for my main media playback, so I think I'm trying to do the same thing as you. Basically, I want to run Hyperion on the Pi to control the lights, but receive the video data from my Wetek. Is this what you have done? Would be interested to know if you had success in getting it fully working. Thanks!

• Hi pigbait,

Did you manage to get this working? Planning on building an Ambilight using Hyperion. I have a Pi but use Wetek Play for my main media playback, so I think I'm trying to do the same thing as you. Basically, I want to run Hyperion on the Pi to control the lights, but receive the video data from my Wetek. Is this what you have done? Would be interested to know if you had success in getting it fully working. Thanks!

No I have never manage to get this working unfortunately. And don't have my wetek anymore. I do have a S905 MXQPro and want to try it on that but the forwarding alway gives me an error

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!