1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RPi + Other Software Hyperion with HDMI-Grabber?

Discussion in 'Hardware Support' started by Sucky, 5 May 2018.

1. Sucky

Sucky New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    Hi there,

my setup is currently the following: 4K-AVR with two HDMI-Outputs -> HDFury Linker -> RCA-Converter -> USB-Videograbber -> RPi2 with Hyperion only (I use Shield TV for Kodi).

Since I'm not 100% happy with the result, I'm wondering if it is possible to use an HDMI-Grabber like Elgato Game Capture HD60 S (and unplug RCA-Converter and Videograbber) with Hyperion and the RPi, so the source material for the LEDs would be much much cleaner than before. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance

Last edited: 5 May 2018
  2. itsme2501

itsme2501 New Member

Hardware:
    +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    Hi Sucky,
    The issue with this is that it is not supported, in addition it does not support 24P and it is an expansive "grabber"
    I am thinking about this : https://m.fr.aliexpress.com/item/32850246818.html
    It is supposed To work on linux, it supports 24P and it is less expansive .. you just need a good 1080P device as your linker is doing the downscaling
    It is just an example of product, there are many similar products and vendors on this site.