Hyperion with Openelec and AmbiLED

• Hello,
    I'm having trouble to get hyperion working. My system is openelec 7 beta 3 on an eeeBox PC 1501P (intel Atom 64 bit) and Ambiled
    My first attempt was the installation of this package: http://bite-in.com/hyperion/Hyperion_OpenELEC_x64.tgz. This was working but it seems that this version from May 2015 is not compatible with the current version of hypercon. So it was necessary to change the transform part in the hyperion.config.json manually from "hsl" to "hsv" and insert valueGain = 0.2 to reduce the brightness. This worked, the grabber worked, the LEDs followed the screen and effects where shown. Then I tried colour calibration. I followed the guide and changed the whitelevel values but without any effect. Meanwhile I found out that hypercon can install hyperion automatically on the remote computer.
    This led to my next attempt. I started a installation of hyperion from hypercon with the old hyperion installation still in place. was a success in the beginning.
    The first step of colour calibration was reducing blue. The light turned to purple. Then I reduced red and the light changed to green. And now every change was without any effect. And after a computer restart hyperion completly stopped working. At start of hyperiond the LEDs are showing white light for about 5s but no effect was shown (Start effect duration was set to 7s). I tried it also from the android remote and via command line. The LEDs remain dark after starting up. Because I didnt found the reason for not working I restored an old system image and started a fresh install but with same result. This is the current status. I dont know why hyperion is not working.
    Can anyone help?

hyperion.config.json [MEDIA=pastebin]LPubW4T9[/MEDIA]
    last hyperion.log [MEDIA=pastebin]qXut8mvz[/MEDIA]

Thank you for your support
    Peter

• Hi Brindosch,
    Yes, I read the mentioned article, but it doesn't help. I just tried it again. But because it is not for openelec on x64 I only used the installation script. And I also read that you avoid supporting third party boxes, but Ambiled is an option in the HyperCon hardware selection box so I thought it must be possible to use this controller.
    Please consider that it worked with the old hyperion with time stamp 2015/05/16 except for the colour calibration. So I'm convinced that it is a hyperion issue. What has been changed since May last year?

• Seams you have issue with the output. This is controlled by device typ. There where no changes since 2014 at adalight and no change to ambiled since it was added back in Jan 2015.
    Sorry, we (the team) are not able to help you. This is no case of avoid - we can´t.
    The entry in HyperCon is still there, but this is no sign of full support.
    Try to contact your seller for support on his box.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Best guess is that /dev/ttyUSB0 isn't the correct device or that AmbiLed needs an update to support recent Hyperion changes, hard to tell how this hardware works since none of use this.
    What you could try is this:

- Connect via SSH to machine running Hyperion
    - Execute command: "lsusb"
    - Check output and make sure ttyUSB0 is your AmbiLed device
    - To double check execute command: "ls -lh /dev/" and check for ttyUSB0 listing.

If all else fails best to ask the seller for further support though as they know their product and maybe have a preinstalled image for you which works ootb :)

• Hi Rick,
    this is the result of lsusb:

I don't know what this means but "Bus 002 Device 003: ID 0403:6001 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT232 Serial (UART) IC" goes if I disconnect the AmbiLED.

And for ls -lh /dev/ it is

Code
    crw-rw----    1 root     dialout     4,  64 Jun  8 18:05 ttyS0
    crw-rw----    1 root     dialout     4,  65 Jun  8 18:05 ttyS1
    crw-rw----    1 root     dialout     4,  66 Jun  8 18:05 ttyS2
    crw-rw----    1 root     dialout     4,  67 Jun  8 18:05 ttyS3
    crw-rw----    1 root     dialout   188,   0 Jun  9 16:35 ttyUSB0
  • All support seems to be closed and almost all referenced pages are not longer available. But after some hours with google I finally found different firmwares for the Ambiled. One of these firmwares is a Adalight implementation. I flashed this on the controller and now it works with the current hyperion version.

• It is always sad if someone go "out of business" - silent
    Glad that you found a solution

@Rick164
    remove all AmbiLED code? If it is just a adalight implementation anyway...
    That people don´t run into the same issues again and again and reduce code size

• All support seems to be closed and almost all referenced pages are not longer available. But after some hours with google I finally found different firmwares for the Ambiled. One of these firmwares is a Adalight implementation. I flashed this on the controller and now it works with the current hyperion version.

Same problem here, where did you found new firmware for ambiled?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!